Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Snail in his normal tank

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega one betta buffet flakes
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Weekly in his 5.5 daily in the qt
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50% on 5.5 100% in the qt
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Stress coat, aquarium salt in his qt

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? N/A

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?on the first day his belly/ mouth area was very pale almost white but since moving him his color comes and goes ever so slightly. Still on the pale side but looking better.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Day one he was resting on a plant bearly moving went to check on him and he was very lethargic. Since moving him he's not sluggish any more but has started rubbing on the plant I gave him in his quaratine tank.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Monday morning
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Yes moved to other tank added stress coat and aquarium salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Minor case of fin rot
How old is your fish (approximately)? Not too sure had him for almost two months though

I don't see anything on him and he's always been a smallish fish so I can't tell if he's loosing weight and he's not sluggish like he was in the morning. I'm just not entirely sure how to treat him.
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #2 
HeroicPoison

Could you post a few pics please
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #3 
Clue

Sorry about the quality only have a phone. His underside looks bait liter then in the picture.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #4 
HeroicPoison

Is under his face like his chin area light? it looks much lighter then your profile... does it seem kinda grey and is traveling down his belly?
And does his fins seem to be more clamped hen normal
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #5 
Clue

Yeah it goes down to his belly and looks like a grayish white. His fins look fine when he's in his quarantine tank (he stretches them out and such) He's in his cup so i can change the water.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #6 
HeroicPoison

like this?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #7 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
if it was internal parasites, the betta's poop would be white and stringy. (I think)
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #8 
Clue

Yeah kind of looks like that. And okay I'll look closely for white stringy stuff too just to be sure.

Edit: after looking at the picture more clear on another device my litte guys looks just a tad bit more pale there but it is in that same area.

Last edited by Clue; 04-23-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #9 
HeroicPoison

If you have a smaller tank this is going to make things easier, no one knows what seems to be happening. The photo is of my betta Red... He was treated for fin rot and suddenly turned grey. He had severely clamped fins and swam very mechanically almost. He was very lethargic and stopped making his bubble nests. I suspect it's old age, but like I said no one really knows. I was told to treat him with 1tsp/gallon with 100% daily water changes. He has improved greatly, he still is swimming a bit funny but at least he is swimming now. He is still really grey, but this is only day 3.
Also if you have any dried clean oak leaves add those to his tank this adds tannins.
Treat him for a week or so in a few days if you don't see improvement or it gets worse let me know :)

Last edited by HeroicPoison; 04-23-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Can't spell?? Hahaha
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #10 
HeroicPoison

Feel free to PM me or contact me through Skype or kik (all use the same username) if needed :)
We will fight this together