Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #11 
Snoeflayke

There are some really good threads on "baffling" filters that are too strong on here. Mine is stuffed full of sponges, and there's almost no visible water movement in my tank!

There's a couple of different methods out there, so you can choose whatever works best for you.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #12 
ashlovesbettas

try and get the water temperture the same then let him out or you get a cup that floats and let him get used to the water temperture( while hes in the cup) then let him out. Thats what i do.
ashlovesbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #13 
briannebetta

My new tanks filter makes it so that the pellets float down to the bottom before he's able to get them. And when he does get them, he spits them out and they fall to the bottom before he can get them again. :(
briannebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #14 
LugiaChan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannebetta View Post
My new tanks filter makes it so that the pellets float down to the bottom before he's able to get them. And when he does get them, he spits them out and they fall to the bottom before he can get them again. :(
Hehe XD you can get your fish separated and feed him the falling pellets, no need to give more stress with nets or using your hands to transfer him, some betta can be intrigued by being shown food to swim to the top and you can scoop him while in the tank or maybe put the pellets above a clear bowl without taking the bowl out, showing him the food will drop into the bowl instead of to the gravel.

Also I am VERY glad you decided on a 10 gallon! I have owned 5 gallons and 10 gallons, there is a huge difference in happiness and activity I see with bettas with the comparison and I personally don't recommend anything under 5 gallons :D to me that's minimum with just personal observations and recommendations and suggestions and opinion <3 he is going to be very happy! Some fish also like more plants than others, especially to hide and be sure every decoration is as smooth as possible (nothing rough at all, no sharp edges) and silk plants are the bettas greatest friends.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #15 
Starfish1

brianne, check out this thread it's an easy way to fix the filter current with an empty water bottle. I just did this yesterday and it worked and was super easy.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139

the black around his gills is his "beard", all male bettas have it and when he sees another fish and flares you can really see it. when i had my first betta i was like What on earth is that? lol but yeah its just part of being a male betta fish.
Starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote