Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #1 
veggiegirl

New tank, check out my setup.

Hey fellow betta lovers,

Set up my new betta barrack tank roughly a week ago now. Had some issues with some airline tubing the the new heater poisoning all of my fish and as a result I had to do 12 hourly water changes which was a lot of work and very stressful! Anyway think I finally got it sorted. Went to town and bought new airline tubing and replaced it. The heater seems to have slowed down leaking the toxins and the fish seem happy now. Thought I would post some pics of my betta set up so you can get an idea of how it looks.

Spartan (my very first import from a while back) started showing off when I was getting pics of my tanks so I thought I better make him feel special and include a couple of pictures of him too.

Oh and some of you may remember a while ago I went in to our largest petshop in town (that I cannot stand because of their treatment of bettas) to buy a heater and came out with three rescue crowntails that were infested with velvet and the worst one also had fin rot. Well after 2-3 weeks of intense medicating, top quality food, frequent water changes and a lot of TLC they are officially cured and were put into the bottom barrack tank this morning which they seem very happy about. Anyways enjoy the pics (included some of the three rescue crowntails to jog your memories).... I'm open to comments, let me know what you think of my tanks, fish and so on.

Name:  DSCF3039copy.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  68.1 KB

Name:  DSCF3024copy.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  DSCF3027copy.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2685copy.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2691copy.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  DSCF2697copy.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  63.7 KB
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #2 
bniebetta

thats awesome!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #3 
veggiegirl

Thanks! Had both tanks made but put all of the divisions in myself, BIG job! well worth it though cause now I can own 20 Bettas
Old 04-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #4 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

0.o You have a lot of time and patience, my friend. Kudos!
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #5 
mermaid77

WOW That's really lovely :)
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #6 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Thanks! Had both tanks made but put all of the divisions in myself, BIG job! well worth it though cause now I can own 20 Bettas
That is amazing! I love what you've done....I feel so lazy now just going and buying those BettaBow tanks....lol. I couldn't build a tower of blocks, nevermind something like that! Now you just need to build a few more so you can have.....maybe.....100 fish!!!!! :)
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Wow! How much space does that give each fish?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #8 
veggiegirl

XxxXnoodleXxxX- Awww thanks the first tank (the one up the top) took me like a week to do the second one I was determined to get done because I had fish on their way and needed somewhere to put them! So yes got the second one done in two days. Despite doing all siliconing outside the smell got to me so bad that it gave me two sores in my nose, really painful. Just when I was slmost done I suddenly realised that I had almost run out of silicone and if I did I would have to wait a whole week to get more........luckily I had just enough!!!!!!

mermaid77- Thank you I really like my set up only one down side to it.....because the dividers need to be mesh to allow the flow of water through the entire tank (for heating) it means that the fish can see eachother all the time and my halfmoons are constantly blowing their fins.

Catw0man- lol I actually love the way your tanks are set up! They look great. At times I wish mine were all in separate tanks so that the halfmoons wouldn't blow their fins and I would set up each tank (decorate it) with a different theme. LOL SERIOUSLY DON"T TEMPT ME, I WOULD LOVE 100 BETTAS but...........time, finances and space will not allow.

MattsBettas- Each fish has just shy of 10 liters (about 9.6 liters) their tanks are longer more than wide which makes the compartments look smaller than they are. Plus I clean them pretty regular (25-50% changes) 2-3 times per week.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #9 
Tonksy

This cannot be unseen... now I have an excuse to buy more fish with that setup you have.
Wonderful set up, I like it!
Tonksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #10 
veggiegirl

Tonksy- Thanks! Trouble is all 20 divisions are already full, wish I could have like five or ten of these tanks........yeah keep dreaming, I wish. Shouldn't be buying any more bettas so why is it I CAN"T WAIT until tomorrow when my transhipper post up more fish for sale! Someone save me.....from.......myself! Wish me luck with trying not to buy more bettas because I really need it!!!!!!