Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #1 
tlatch89

Hello! Just purchased a betta.

Hi my name is Taylor, I am from Lafayette, Louisiana.

I just moved out of the parents house for the first time, and we aren't allowed to have pets. So I bought a new aquarium and a betta fish. I had a Betta a long time ago and always liked them.

I went buy a 3 gallon aquarium from the local pet store, and found a Betta fish that was very active, but wasn't as pretty as the other ones. He seemed either old, sick, etc. So I felt bad and bought him the next day after I had set up the new aquarium, filter, and treated the water.

His name is Edward, he is extremely active, but his fins are a little messed up, hopefully he likes his new place. Oh, and I just ordered a heater for his tank, so he should be a bit more comfortable soon.

As you can see, his top fin is kind of messed up, and he looks a little rough in general. What can I do to make Ed look a bit healthier? Like I said he is very active and swims around all the time.
Attached Images

tlatch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Taylor

Welcome to the forum. That's one great looking tank that you set up for Edward. I'm sure he's loving it!

As for his top fin, it's hard to tell what you're talking about without a closer picture. Is it black and frayed on the edges or just clamped?

Keeping him in clean water at a steady temp of approx. 80 degrees will go a long way in helping him along.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum. I bet Edward is enjoying his new home, it looks very nice I love the decorations and all the plants. I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote