Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1 
kyle89

water test sitting over night

Its not really a important question but had my curious. I was having nitRITE spikes again. Two nights ago I tested the water and the nitrites where high. I left the test sit over night and it was still the same color and tested the same the next morning. Last night I cheched the nitrites and again left it sit over night. But instead of being purple like the night before it was a very faint blueish purple. I tested the water this morning and got a 0 reading? Just made me scratch my head and say hmm this morning. Anyone esle ever see this or are the readings still good outside of the 5 minute wait window?
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #2 
shellieca

When a test sits it changes, sometimes looks worse & sometimes not. I would stick with what you see at the 5 minute mark.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #3 
kyle89

Yeah I know that just thought it was funny that it sat overnight and was what my water tested this morning
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #4 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Its not really a important question but had my curious. I was having nitRITE spikes again. Two nights ago I tested the water and the nitrites where high. I left the test sit over night and it was still the same color and tested the same the next morning. Last night I cheched the nitrites and again left it sit over night. But instead of being purple like the night before it was a very faint blueish purple. I tested the water this morning and got a 0 reading? Just made me scratch my head and say hmm this morning. Anyone esle ever see this or are the readings still good outside of the 5 minute wait window?
results are only reloable within the stated time frame of checking. for API, you have to read them after 5 min. my nitrate test read 40, but gets red (more than 100) after 15 mins.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote