Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #1 
Mar

Please help me think of a name for my betta (pic heavy)

All righty :)

Hi Forum! I was wondering if you could help me think of a name for this beautiful rescue betta.

Just a quick overview of his attitude:
Extremely friendly, swims into my hand and just sits there, follows my finger around, never flares, very friendly towards frogs/tankmates, comes to greet me every time I walk into the room, sleeps on top of plants, shares his food, and watches me from his tank.

This guy's a fighter and has been through a lot, so please take that into consideration.

Iím thinking he is a HM Black Orchid Rosetail, can't really tell until he grows and heals up and his colours and fins come in. But I may be wrong so feel free to correct me!

Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #2 
sareena79

looks like a mustard gas to me, but Ima newbie myself soooo....I bet he will color up real nicely, cant wait to see pix.

u said hes a fighter so how bout u name hi Tyson or something boxer themed like that
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #3 
Mar

Sorry the pictures don't really show it well but his fins aren't yellow, they're blacky transparent. But hey, if he turns out to be mustard gas, I won't complain. Those are my favourites!!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh and I meant fighter as in fought to stay alive. He's quite a gentle Betta :) and yes I'll update his new pics a couple weeks/months from now somewhere here :)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #4 
sareena79

Quote:
hey, if he turns out to be mustard gas, I won't complain. Those are my favourites!!
mine too obviously hehehe :)

Quote:
Oh and I meant fighter as in fought to stay alive. He's quite a gentle Betta :)
yeah I knew thats what u meant I was just tryin to think of a tough name for what appears to be a tough little guy :)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #5 
Mar

I just think blue and yellow compliment each other really well!

And okay, I see what you were doing! :p
Thanks for the name suggestion anyway :)))
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #6 
SerenaRena
Banned

wow! beautiful betta :) What about Smokey for the name? Since the tail kinda looks like that =P
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #7 
Agent13
Reference Team

Super pretty boy! My daughter just looked at him and said "Moonbow" She said he looks like the nighttime rainbow we saw on vacation.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #8 
Mar

Thanks Serena , Smokey is a great name! I'll consider that :D
Agent13; I really love your daughter's suggestion. Thinking of naming him Moon now :) and thanks, hopefully he'll heal up right and become even more beautiful! I'll post some follow up pictures :)
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #9 
TheCrabbyTabby

He is dark, yet dilcate looking but at the same time, he looks powerful and regal. If you're into sci fi/fantasy type names, how about Elrond Half-Elven? That is a character from J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and other related novels.

Elrond is known as half elven, because he is partially descended from the Maiar, an angelic race that helped to create the world that has come to be known as Middle Earth. Its not really known what percentage of his lineage is elf and which is Maiar, but he is called Half Elven to symbolize this blending of the two.

Because of his mixed blood, he was given the choice to either assume a mortal life as a man, or immortality as an elf. He chose the latter, obviously and became an Elven Lord. In fact, he was a recipient of one of the three rings of power given to Elven kind. He has a twin brother, Elros, who, like all of Elrond's kin, had the same choice and chose the mortal life of a man. He later became High King of Numenor. That is a huge island located in the Sundering Seas, to the west of Middle-Earth. Elros is the ancestor of Aragorn, making Elrond his great, many times over, uncle.

His portrayal in both the animated movies and the live action ones shows him with dark hair and eyes, which reminds me of your betta boy.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 04-28-2013 at 06:06 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #10 
Mar

Wow. I'm a huge fan of lord of the rings! Thanks so much for taking the time to type all that out. I'm seriously considering that name. I like elrond and how protective he is over his daughter and how he also tried to help his friend destroy the ring.
wow, that was a great comparison. Elrond has a gentle side as depicted towards his daughter, so that can easily represent my Betta. Thanks so much once again :) I really appreciate the thought and consideration you put into your response.