Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #11 
isochronism

I should add... my Big Boy is a Giant or King and he was gifted to me. The owner got him from the LPS and had him for less than one month. He's has grown a good bit in the three plus months that I have had him. His tail was VERY long and sort of deformed looking. He was not torn up badly, just straight some straight tears. Now his tail looks normal and he swims much better. Life is funny :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #12 
BlueBettaSplendensLover

This comment was deleted by this member.

Last edited by BlueBettaSplendensLover; 04-26-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: accidentlly posted in wrong place.
BlueBettaSplendensLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #13 
BlueBettaSplendensLover

Dragon Temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
Oh yes! Herp rooms have a very warm ambient temp. I have a bearded dragon and know all about those crazy hot temps on their basking side you need(105f!). I actually didn't need a heater for Wally while he was in his 2 gallon temp home because he was next to the dragon. However now at 4 gallons and away from the dragon he needs the heater for when the lights are off. Just make sure that he has at least 1 gallon in there. The more the better but at least he is happy :)
@Agent13 Yep! I have a beardie and his tank is kept at a constant 108F basking spot! And a leopard gecko with an 85 basking spot! It gets warm if I dont keep the bedroom door open. Thanks for your nice comment. I'll try and get him a larger tank soon. :)
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #14 
Tonksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBettaSplendensLover View Post
Thanks @Tonksy and everyone else. I apreciate all of your reply's. I'll probably get him a 3 gallon in a couple months. Do any of you recommend a certain type of tank?
I personally love the look of glass tanks... there's a 2-ish gallon one at Petsmart for $15 (comes with a hood, but you'll have to leave it open a crack since it's all glass. no way for oxygen to get through) and then the 5.5 starter at Petsmart from $25 to $30 which I personally love. :D There are pretty nifty Critter Keepers that I've seen people do some awesome things with and then other people do really well with bow tanks and acrylic. It all comes down to personal taste really
For me, I would recommend the 5.5 gallon JUST because I have 4 of them and they're amazing (though I get mixed results with the filter. Some of them I use and need to baffle, some I have stored away.)
Tonksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #15 
Agent13
Reference Team

Depends on what you prefer and where you will keep him. What is good for my daughters room isn't a good match for my room. And yay for dragon/fish keepers! Any questions you have for food suppliers or anything dragon related PERIOD ..I know it so pm me! As for your Betta buddy I'd say if upgrading see whats on sale when you're ready then ask here. I've really been shocked by how well the fluval ones work. However my daughter has a marineland 4g that is Wally's happy home and works well in her room and was very cheap! Lord do I know you already are emptying your wallet to your lizard friends lol!!
Agent13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #16 
BlueBettaSplendensLover

scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
In regards to the plastic plants, you can be surprised what can easily damage fins. My BIG boy (VT) had Najas Grass in his tank, which came to me as a tiny piece in with shrimp. It grows like crazy, self roots, etc. He loved to swim around and through it. Even tho I would trim it often, I luckily caught sight of him with his tail caught... and he could not get to the surface. Gave us both a scare!!! His tail got torn up. Najas was removed immediately and his tail healed in a day or two. Whew!!!
I'm glad he is ok! That must've been really stinking scary!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #17 
BlueBettaSplendensLover

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
Depends on what you prefer and where you will keep him. What is good for my daughters room isn't a good match for my room. And yay for dragon/fish keepers! Any questions you have for food suppliers or anything dragon related PERIOD ..I know it so pm me! As for your Betta buddy I'd say if upgrading see whats on sale when you're ready then ask here. I've really been shocked by how well the fluval ones work. However my daughter has a marineland 4g that is Wally's happy home and works well in her room and was very cheap! Lord do I know you already are emptying your wallet to your lizard friends lol!!
Dragons are definitely my kinda topic. I am a pro at dragon care lol. I've owned lizards for years now, while just about a year ago was when I became a fish enthusiest. I am very knowledgable about fish too, but I still love to get advice from other betta keepers. Thanks for the help! :)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Do you have a thermometer for his water?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #19 
Agent13
Reference Team

maybe off subject... but if she has a dragon she likely has a infrared temp gun and knows the temp of her carpet, her neck, the windowsills and the hands temps of random people lol.. Shocked if she doesn't have an accurate gage for her tank. ;)
Agent13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #20 
nyrothebettalover

awesome tank. Would get rid of the plastic plants because they cause fin damage and hurt the fish just be careful
nyrothebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, betta, marble, tank