Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Question Backgrounds?

There are plenty of aquarium backgrounds at my LFS, but they are all pretty commonplace ones. I hate looking at the cords interrupting the look of my planted tank, and I want to spice it up with a really unique/colorful background that will bring it to life. I want it to be really interesting, not just your average scene of aquatic plants and rocks.

Anyone have any suggestions on places I can look for something like this??
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #2 
JellOh

You could make or viper your own 3D background. Although those might be for bigger tanks only. A lot of people just paint the back of their aquariums black, but that might be hard with a stank being used. Have you checked amazon or eBay? They have a ton that you can order.
JellOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #3 
RiceFish

I like simple black makes the color of the plants and fish pop out xD

Other than..... that a colorful background that's not plants and rocks? I would say that it's hard to find but try looking around on amazon or do a google search
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #4 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceFish View Post
I like simple black makes the color of the plants and fish pop out xD

Other than..... that a colorful background that's not plants and rocks? I would say that it's hard to find but try looking around on amazon or do a google search
my betta flare at dark/black background, definitely when I walk around in my black t-shirt. tried the marina ones and they kept flaring at ALL designs....

from hindsight, i could have kept the background and use it as an exercise tool.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #5 
RiceFish

oh haha I never knew that bettas did that! Mine is totally fine with a black background.
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #6 
shushcat

I went to art school for photography, so I still have a...ton of prints from the dark room as well as painting classes (and college print sales blah) that I just put to use. If you don't have your own artwork already laying around to use, you could make some for your tank backgrounds! Relatively inexpensive and fun! :D
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #7 
Agent13
Reference Team

I actually was planning on looking through Amazon tonight. I got a blue river rock scene for mine and my Blue/black/green crown tail flares at it constantly lol. I think I'll have to find something that doesn't offend him as much... It's not Feng Shui enough for my no name boy I think. I used Amazon to build the most awesome habitat for my dragon so I'm sure it's just as good a place for a betta tank.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #8 
Agent13
Reference Team

Ooohh Sushcat.. Awesome Idea!!! My little girl with the marble HM needs a background for hers and she has been an avid talented artist since 1yrs old! Her first acrylic on canvas "the storm" she did at 2 would have been a great tank background(but too sentimental as her first named piece). She paints with oil, acrylic, and now learning water color pencil! I think that'll be her next project for Wally's home!
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #9 
knini09

got a printer you can do it.

I used one of those sites where you can blow up a picture to make posters, I downloaded the background I like saved the pic, uploaded to the site and it divides the pic into pages so you know how bit it will be, mine took 4 pages for the 10 gal tank, but then I did another and it took only two I guess it depends on the imagine quality, then I cut, taped it together, and put it in the tank, it looks so cute I am in love, and my son's aquarium at school looks so cool too, lego theme the background I mean, will try to post pics.
Page I used: http://www.blockposters.com/default.aspx
Attached Images

knini09 is offline   Reply With Quote