Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #1 
porcupine

Filters

So I bought the small Whisper Filter, which I know has a little too strong of current, but I was going out of town for two weeks and didn't trust my little brother to change the water. Now that I'm back I would like to find another filter thats just as effective (this thing has the water crystal clear!) but with a lighter current. Someone recommended a nice looking min-filter, but the thing is I would really like one that you put in the tank stuck to the sides, with a small tube trailing out the back, not that hangs over the back because then the lid to my tank will not fit. Any suggestions? Oh, my tank is only a little over a gal, so i would need one made for 1-3 gal tanks. Please help!
porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #2 
Meatpuppet

with a smaller tank like yours, you find it hard to find one without such powerful output that will fit to your tank.
i have an Elite Hush 5 power filter for my 5 gallon, it works great yet its not a sponge filter. you can turn the flow down to pretty much nothing
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #3 
Kim

You could try a sponge filter. Also, is there any way to cut a hole in your lid for a filter? If so, I think that the azoo palm filter is about the smallest that you can get in a real filter, and you can turn the flow down as much as you want. I would try the sponge filter if you do regular water changes, only because any other filter will still create a lot of current in such a small tank, and bettas don't like current.
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote