Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #1 
treecybeast

lover,not a fighter....

Hello all! my betta's name is Litebrite Littlepoop, and he like it when i 'pet' him(and by that i mean i put my fingure in and he nuzzles me, also like his back tickled) he makes snapping sounds under water when we are near the bowl(by pulling his head WAY back, then letting it snap back) until we come over and see him. he is the strangest fish i have ever met. he like sthe clarinet(i'm guessing it's a certain vibration he feels in the water....when it is played he swoons) and he has almost a brainy looking growth on his forehead......i love Litebrite very much, and am glad that he is so interactive.....i just want to make sure nothing is wrong with him....
he is so good, he sits by my feet on the coffee table when i read, just drifts up and down in his bowl....watching me. i wrote a song for him and he likes that too....he'll come up and tilt so his one eye is facing me.
anyone ever heard of these things? is my fish insane? or sick?
treecybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #2 
Little-Fizz

Lol probably just insane.

I saw the pictures of him of the betta photo thread... And I noticed his 'brainy growth" before I even read this post... It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like all the scales stick up?? Can you get a different picture? And post it a little smaller this time Haha, just open your picture in a program like... We'll go with paint because everyone has that. When you have it opened in paint go to image in the top bar along with file, edit, ect. and click stretch/skew Then play around with the width and height until the picture is an appropriate size. Try just putting 50 in both boxes first and see how that works out.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #3 
treecybeast

there you go, Litebrite Littlepoop.....
he is now having trouble swimming down from the top of his tank....i went and got him some fishy medicine(under the instruction of my fish store professional) but he's still behaving strangly. the fish lady says he might have a tumour.....yeesh, i sure hope not....i dont know how him passing away will go over, i was a wreck for weeks about my guinea pig, Bear....he died of old age, and lived a great life(very spoiled and snuggled) but then again, i get misty when i see a dead tree for crying out loud...Litebrite has been eating splitpeas mixed with his bloodworms....it's a green and brown paste that i have to feed him off the tip of my finger....because that's the only way he will eat right now...the food just sinks too fast and he cant get down to it. he darts sometimes around spitting bubbles and looking pale....i'm so worried.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #4 
JMeenen

How long have you had Litebrite?
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #5 
Little-Fizz

Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this fishes name!!!

Sorry to do this AGAIN but how about a picture from the side?

It could be a tumor... But really thats almost impossible to diagnose in a fish, without a biopsy of course.

But now you say he is having trouble swimming? It could be kidney or swim bladder problems... I almost want to say this looks like dropsy because his scales are raised... But he isn't bloated so that eliminates dropsy.

You should really buy some betta pellets, blood worms should be more of a treat then his diet.

Care to share some information?
Such as tank size, water parameters, temperature, how long you've had littlepoop, ect. Sorry if you have already posted this information! Also did he have this growth when you got him?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #6 
treecybeast

i have had Litebrite sonce feb of this year( valintine's day, my birthday...he was my birthday baby!) he is currently residing in a 7 gallon bowl, he does not have a heater, but my pat is very warm(i have steam heat and it stays on year round) the growth appeared about 6 weeks ago, we were reading a superman comic and he poked his head right out of the water, that's when i saw it.(he likes superman...) i treat his water with a two step cleanser(it takes the yucky tap water chemicals out and promotes good bacteria growth...made special for our betta buddies...of coarse) and i give him a betta fin conditioner when he looks shaggy...this is not a case of over medication with the conditioner, i follow the instructions to the letter, and it's main ingredient is melaleuca oil and aloe.) today, he has taken to a strange posture....he is crumpled like an S shape....but he straightens out when he is swimming around. but he is still dwelling right at the top of his bowl....will get more pictures soon....possibly later today, if my batteries will charge....stoopid technology. oh, and thank you for loving his name...he got it because although he is red, when the light is filtered through his fins, he has green dots between his fin spikes(the bits that hold the webbing of his fins up) he looks like a Litebrite....and his last name Littlepoop....well, he's little and he makes little poop.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #7 
Little-Fizz

I'm interested in seeing more pictures for sure.

I'm sorry but the way to describe it, it doesn't sound good :(

Theres a lot of things a lump could be, and its VERY hard to diagnose. You must keep your eye on it and see if it's getting bigger.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #8 
treecybeast

i will be keeping a VERY close eye on him...he is my little baby(my son is six now, so Litebrite is the only one of my little guys that dont object to the term baby..lol) thank you for caring, we appreciate it soooo much! *fishy hugs*
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #9 
treecybeast

My heart is breaking

Sadly after much struggle, Litebrite Littlepoop has passed away 9:30 pm on July 21st 2008. He died peacefully, and surrounded by his family. He blew a couple final bubbles,then he was gone. he will be burried tomorrow, i got him a little metal casket...it's actually a keychain, but it fits him perfect. thank you for all your help.
sad,
patrice
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #10 
Little-Fizz

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear about this!!!

I wish I could have helped you out a bit more... Rest in peace, Litebrite Littlepoop. :(