Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #11 
treecybeast

we had his funeral yesterday, it was nice. i was able to procure a pint sized casket, (metal and leather with a nifty face on it.) he was buried by my fiance's band's jam space, he loved music and it's peacful in the trees out there. I love you, Litebrite. we'll miss you.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...dxhMgICQ%3D%3D

this is his site.
treecybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry to hear about Litebrite. I know he'll be missed very much.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #13 
JMeenen

So Sorry to hear about Litebrite...always so hard to loose a beloved pet.
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #14 
southafrica1001

Sorry to hear that :(
southafrica1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #15 
treecybeast

thank you for understanding. one of my friends was quite dismissive of this event, as Litebrite was 'only a fish'.......
thank you all.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

People who don't love animals don't understand that we get attached to our pets, whether it be a dog, cat or a fish. They are part of our family and we love them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #17 
Little-Fizz

He was only a fish that brought you much joy and had the coolest name ever :( No worries about what your friend says, I probably would have cried if that happened to my betta.

Litebright Littlepoop, A dear friend and fish, he will be missed!
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #18 
JMeenen

Treecybeast, don't let your loss stop you from getting another Betta...you are a great Bettamom!
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #19 
treecybeast

i will get another...when the time is right...for now, i will put his house and toys and other little things away...i dont want to rush into another pet right away...just a little time to appreciate that he was wonderful, but now is gone. i'll know who my next special little guy will be when i see him. when i met Litebrite, i knew we would get along and everything was just right. animals are not just pets to me, they are family, they are my room-mates....they are an investment of love as well as labour. i take my plants just as serious(unlike Litebrite, they dont like superman comics, so i read them ray bradburry and poppy z. brite instead.) i am also looking into getting some african grey parrots....but fish are my love...bettas in particular. which pet store do you all recomend as being the nicest to their fish? some of the places are so terrible to see how they treat these lovely little gifts. one store i went to had a big guy in a tiny tube fish bowl, shaped like a ring! poor thing, and even more still, there were dead ones everywhere! i will not go back to THAT house of death and hurt! i have made a complaint though, to the mangers and head offices of this store(i will not mention names....as this would be libel)
Old 07-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #20 
Little-Fizz

It's really hard to say, you would have to go to different places and test it out for yourself. I can tell you right now, pet stores that only have a small little fish section will probably not be very good. Places like walmart are crap. You'll want a place that deals with mostly fish.

I could recommend a place such as... Big als, but how would I know that the one in your area is any good? Sure its a huge name, but they are franchises and whos to say the person who runs the place does a good job.

You'll have to shop around and find a place you like, you may even want to try asking the staff some questions that you already know the answers too and see what they tell you. Thats a good way to know for sure if your going to be buying your fish from knowledgable people who give a hoot about fish, and not just money.

Also, good job on making a complaint. Never hesitate from giving those people a piece of your mind, sometimes you'll find they simply just didn't know any better.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote