Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've gotten all my bettas at Petsmart and have had no problem with them. Just look them over more carefully and make sure they are healthy (I'm not saying that you didn't the first time) and try to get the healthiest looking one that you can. Sometime a person can pick out a fish that looks perfectly fine and them it dies.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #22 
sunkissedinCA

tmz, thats what i did. i bought a 10 gallon tank and have 2 rescued bettas in mine. i already have another smaller 2 gallon one with a betta in that also. we just moved into a larger house and have an extra room, so i'm going to use it as my own little rescue area haha.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #23 
LaniBaby

i agree with Tyyrlym and was going to say the same thing. You can keep buying them, but that just means they're getting their profits and thinking that the consumer is going to settle for bettas in terrible conditions. Most people assume bettas are just disposable fish; one dies and you buy another. Sadly, that's been perpetuated by the people at the pet stores and their poorly kept fish. And the more we buy, the more they sell, the more they stock, and it just keeps going. I decided after my last guy not to support anymore chain petstore bettas. I would advise getting them from local pet stores that really care for them or local breeders that you can pick up in person, if you're lucky enough to have one around. it's really sad to watch those sweet little guys get sick and suffer in cups, but i don't know any other way of not allowing it to happen to more fish other than boycotting those conditions entirely, as difficult as it may seem.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #24 
fishyfish121

Please please please visit the post I just posted, somebody put two males in the same little container! I bought them and took them home but I don't know if the one will live. It's titled "Will he live?"
fishyfish121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #25 
lilyaleister

I just bought 4 bettas from Petco yesterday. They had a huge selection of colorful bettas but they didn't take care of them very well there.
lilyaleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #26 
Philip The Fish

the petsmart here has their bettas in blue dyed water =/ you cant tell what color they are, and it has to be bad for them =/
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote