Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #1 
jjelli1

Is he getting better?

About a week and a half ago I noticed my betta's fins starting to fray, crumple up, and get smaller. I also noticed little white cottony puffs on his little swimming fins by his gills. After searching around the internet I figured out this was fin rot. I treated him for a week with Jungle Labs Fungus Clear in a seperate tank.
This was totally my fault as I did everything else right (filtered tank, correct water parameters, using aquarium salt, never overfeeding, etc.) except I never syphoned my poor betta's gravel. I'm sure this is what caused his fin rot. I've since corrected this and after the week on Jungle Labs Fungus Clear I put him back in his 5 gallon tank.

My question is, does he look like he's doing better? How do I know? His white cottony puffs fell off while he was in his hospital tank and his fins do not look like they are reducing anymore. But they still look clumped and not the beautiful shade of blue they used to be! Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Sushi before his 5 gallon tank and fin rot:

And Sushi now:

jjelli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #2 
tmz

okay so you posted your images with html tags and forum tags.

html tags are the . they're not used in forums.

you only use the [IMG] tags.

so to post your pictures, you would do
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #3 
jjelli1

Really? No one can help me??
jjelli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #4 
Kim

It's really hard to tell. I have heard of damaged fins growing back wavy, and also of bettas changing colors because of stress. Usually people recommend to treat until you see signs of fin regrowth (which is clear colored). I'd say, keep and eye on him. If you see regrowth then your treatment was successful. If they start to shrink again, give him another dose until you do see some regrowth. Just my thoughts, I am not an expert so anyone more experienced feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Good luck.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #5 
Meatpuppet

if there isnt anymore loss of his fins, they should grow back in time. just make sure the water parameters are good and the gravel siphoned
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #6 
Flashygrrl

Just keep the water clean. Sounds like you might ( I say might) have battled columnnaris in the meantime, so keep a really good eye out for a re-occurrence.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote