Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #31 
ANHEL123

Hey how is your betta doing?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #32 
bettacrazygirl86

I still haven't noticed any changes as far as his fin rot goes. :( he is getting a little more active and he's been eating, but he still likes to just rest around his car or in his house.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #33 
NorthernLights

Fin rot and ammonia burns can take a long time to heal. Good on you for trying for so long.

The food you are using is not the best. At some point, try to get some New Life Spectrum Betta food or Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. You won't find them at Wal-Mart, but you will find them at Petco and PetSmart and many local pet stores. I realize money is tight for you now and you may not be able to do this right away. Just do it when you can. Most betta foods on the market are not good for betas -- check out the ingredients lists. If the first ingredient isn't fish (not fish meal, but some kind of whole fish), its probably junk. If the second ingredient is wheat, it's probably still junk. The pet trade really tends to go for what is cheapest when making pet food and the health of all our pets tend to suffer. Proper nutrition will really help to keep them healthy and their immune systems working well. Also, soaking pellets for 10-20 min before feeding is a good idea.

You might want to talk to your parents about your sister's fish care. What she is doing is just plain cruel, even if that is not her intention. Fish have a central nervous system and a brain just like people do, and they feel pain, boredom, stress, etc. What you sister has been doing is the equivalent of keeping a dog locked in a closet, almost never cleaning out the poop, etc. and once in a while tossing some food in there. For a fish its even worse since they *have* to swim in their own wastes. They breathe in their own toilet water. Tell your parents and your sister about this. No "pet" should have to live that way.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #34 
ANHEL123

I just tried to read all pages again ,and you said at the beginning of your thread that you used aquarium salt to treat him.And it was a month over a month ago. And you was using non therapeutic dosage which is the instructions on the box.
If you didn't treat him with full dose of the aq salt yet i would try to see if it helps. Aquarium salt not going to harm him in any way.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #35 
bettacrazygirl86

I've actually tried feeding him Omega One, since that's what I feed my bettas, but he wouldn't eat it. I tried crushing them, soaking them, everything. He just doesn't like them. I have NLS too, and he won't even eat that.

Also, I did start with AQ salt again. I'm going to try another round of tetracycline and salt together and see if that helps him at all this time.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #36 
ANHEL123

You know what i will suggest to do salt first or Tetracyclin first . Don't use them together. At least this way if one will not help you can continue with another one. This way you prolong the time of the treatment.