Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #1 
LouiMon

How do you feed a community?

I want some add some Neons and a few Shrimp, but how do you make sure everyone gets enough of the right food?
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #2 
Agent13
Reference Team

I'm not sure what shrimp eat but the way I feed my community is distinct feeding areas for the different ones. I feed sinking pellets to my guppys to the far left twice a day but I plan one of those feeding to be when I feed my frogs to distract them. I've trained the frogs to eat out of a food bowl to the far right which is furthest from the filter which they avoid and closer to their favorite hides. I feed them frozen blood worms brine shrimp and mysis shrimp that I carefully put into the bowl with a turkey baster. I wait till the frogs start sitting in their bowl basically waiting for their food lol so even though the guppy's will get some(it's good for them anyway) the frogs get to it first.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #3 
Juditko

Our rasboras eat like crazy, so I actually cup and float our betta at feeding time. He's used to it now and it goes very smoothly.
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #4 
GailC

I have a betta in a 30 gallon community tank. I feed the other fish flakes and while they are busy, I feed the betta his pellets. He eats a few flakes sometimes but he knows to come up to me for his pellets.
The shrimp and bottom feeders get sinking food.
GailC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #5 
LouiMon

Huh... I guess I was hoping it would be as simple as just throwing in the right amount of each food, but I guess not xD

Maybe I'll just get some shrimp and some sinking food. Walter will only eat from the surface so I should be able to just toss the shrimp food in :3
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote