Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 02:49 AM   #1 
Batmantha

Aqua One Aquariums - NPT

Hi,

I'm looking at venturing into the NPT world by redoing my two betta tanks.

I was looking at these two tanks
http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquaspace.php
http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquanano.php
and just wanted to see if anyone else has either one and how well you think they go

I currently have two Blue Planet 20's but I would like something a little more stylish and power friendly

It was either those two or I try to divide http://www.aquaone.co.uk/horizonstarterkits.php but finding one of these guys with just the tank no stand is proving to be difficult

Any suggestions would be welcome :)
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #2 
Nibblez

i currently have this: http://aquamanta.com.au/?wpsc-produc...arium-xanti-14

It a bit taller and narrower, also a bit like the fluvals i see around the forum. It comes with the lid, filter, light. So far its awesome, my betta loves it, and i wouldnt mind trying to turn it into a NPT because its so tall, it gives you the depth to put the soil in so your tank doesnt feel like it very shallow, the height also lets the stem plants grow even if its small.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #3 
Batmantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblez View Post
i currently have this: http://aquamanta.com.au/?wpsc-produc...arium-xanti-14

It a bit taller and narrower, also a bit like the fluvals i see around the forum. It comes with the lid, filter, light. So far its awesome, my betta loves it, and i wouldnt mind trying to turn it into a NPT because its so tall, it gives you the depth to put the soil in so your tank doesnt feel like it very shallow, the height also lets the stem plants grow even if its small.

Ooo the Xanti 26 looks nice, I've never seen these tanks in the stores before I'll have to find who stocks them so I can see them :)
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #4 
Nibblez

I actually saw a Fluval Edge in a LFS in bondi, i have to say, it looked amazingly well built and so beautiful, but i think the Aquamanta Xanti will most likely be more affordable.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #5 
Batmantha

Quote:
I actually saw a Fluval Edge in a LFS in bondi, i have to say, it looked amazingly well built and so beautiful, but i think the Aquamanta Xanti will most likely be more affordable.

I have seen the fluvals but they are massively too expensive here, yet on US websites cheap as chips but then from what I have seen most of the aquarium stuff in the US is
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #6 
Nibblez

No kidding, all the talk about US prices makes me want to move there, my 10gal do!aqua planted tank just costed me about 700 or so to get it to where it is now.... I went all out so i guess that was the kind of money i had to shell out anyways.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #7 
Batmantha

Quote:
No kidding, all the talk about US prices makes me want to move there, my 10gal do!aqua planted tank just costed me about 700 or so to get it to where it is now.... I went all out so i guess that was the kind of money i had to shell out anyways.

Yeah I have spent the same sort of amount trying to get my betta tanks right, switched from aqua one 126 because the filter was noisey and too hard to baffle, ornaments, plants gravel

My big tropical tank AR620 by Aqua one damn near cost $1200 from start to finish
Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #8 
Nibblez

I guess i am lucky enough not to have come across a single noisy filter yet, could be worse, my LFS is a distributor of ADA stuff so the stories he tells of other people is worse. i can imagine the spendings in 2000-3000 range.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #9 
Batmantha

Quote:
I guess i am lucky enough not to have come across a single noisy filter yet, could be worse, my LFS is a distributor of ADA stuff so the stories he tells of other people is worse. i can imagine the spendings in 2000-3000 range.
It wouldn't have been too bad if the tank was in the lounge room or something you wouldn't notice but I'm a light sleeper as it is so it was no good for a bedroom