Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #51 
Kithy

Hmm, it's really weird that it hasn't cycled yet. I'm not familiar with fishless cycling though, I always put my fish on in and monitored parameters very closely.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #52 
bettaluver14

i didn't want to take the chance with my betta nor his tetra friends. i wanted to introduce them to a new enviornment. so, seeding material.... could it work that i take like 2 cups of that tanks water and move it to my cycling tank? so maybe the bacteria in the water will mix in?
bettaluver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #53 
Stone

water will have very little BB gravel or filter media is a better bet, you cna buy product like stresszyme to help out
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #54 
bettaluver14

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
water will have very little BB gravel or filter media is a better bet, you cna buy product like stresszyme to help out
Okay so how do i transfer filter media?? do i sueeze the water from it into the cycling tank's filter or do i remove some filter floss?
also, 1)is stresszyme expensive? 2) how fast is it with speeding up the cycle? 3) is there only only type/size bottle of stresszyme?

thanks for answering!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #55 
RussellTheShihTzu

Water won't do it. One way is to transfer 1/2 to 1 cup of the substrate from the older tank to the new. If the substrate is the same you can just spread it over the substrate in the new aquarium. If it's different, put it in the toe of some hose and let it hang in the tank.

If you need to do this again, put a sponge in the old filter for a several weeks and then put it in the new tank. Or, you can run a new filter along with the old and then transfer to the new tank.

As I said earlier, I used Seachem Stability on two tanks and it worked like a charm.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #56 
bettaluver14

yah i looked at the Seachem Stability and the Stresszyme on petsmart.com and they both seem pretty good. i just gotta debate on which one will work better AND faster!!
and also, what do you mean by transferring the "substrate"? what is the substrate you are talking about?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #57 
Kithy

Gravel/sand/etc. is substrate
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #58 
bettaluver14

got it!! so even if it is just like 6-7 pieces of gravel is that good enough? cause i'm taking the gravel from the tank that my betta is living in currently LOL
i have a feeling that won't be enough so should i go out and buy either the Seachem Stability or the Stress Zyme?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #59 
Kithy

I would take as much as you can to help seed it further.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #60 
bettaluver14

hmmm okay i'm thinking of just going out and buying one of the two cycle speeders cause i think it'll be easier and better. which one would you guys prefer? i'm making this kind of a poll...

A- Seachem Stability
B- Stress Zyme