Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 
jenny30b

Wgute tips on fins

Hello my name is Jennifer and Im a new betta owner of a lil' pal named Arget.

I'll begin by telling you my "betta story". I was in a local pet store here in Panama looking for a new collar for my shar pei April when I saw this little sad fish (Arget) hardly swimming in this little glass sized bowl. He was litterally swimming in his own poop (water was so dark you could hardly see his beutiful color). So I felt so bad for him that I told my boyfriend to buy it for me.
The next day I saw this fins where really teared up and he had some missing parts.

So I began googling and found out that his symptoms where very similar to fin rot. I inmediatly went to the pet store and bought aquarium salt to begin with the treatment I had already read about. This is his fourth day of treatment following the treatment instructions doing 100% water changes. But I've seen that the tip of his fin rays have become white.

I would like to know if this is normal healing or if the fin rot is getting worse.
jenny30b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

Hi Jennifer,

White tips/edges indicate healthy, new growth. This is good! It means his fins are healing.

You're doing a great job of caring for him. Don't use the salt for more than 10 days though. Too much salt puts stress on the kidneys, and can cause fluid retention.

Welcome to the forum!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote