Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #21 
Cali love

Thanks AyalaCookieJar!!
Cali love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #22 
AyalaCookiejar

You're welcome. I hope he warms up soon!

They are very intelligent, friendly fish and are trainable. You can teach them to swim in your palm, through hoops... Mine love to chase laser pointers :p if you work with him and get him to trust your hand, I'm sure you could get him to do quite a few different things (but like others have said, we should probably keep from touching them TOO much). You can even get them to follow your finger and flare at the sight of certain objects such as pens.

I've seen videos of some bettas who will jump and grab pellets off of the tips of your fingers. They can definitely be more social and fun than people think.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #23 
Cali love

I can't wait to get started with him! Lol. Mar told me to teach him to associate my hand with food. I'm still workin on that.. Not really sure how to do tht with a fish. I've always had a dog.. They're a little easier to read. I can tell that he is very smart. And based on his personality before the move, he seems pretty sweet too. I just have to learn to be patient and give him time I guess. I never thought i could ever love a fish! Lol.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #24 
Flapmon

Well ... I stick my finger in to Elliott, he likes nipping my fingertip or I just let the tip of my finger sit in there and he looks at it and swims up to it then swims under it almost as if he wants me to stroke his back. He .. Also likes when I chase him around with my finger.

We have an odd relationship.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #25 
PopzTheBetta

it'll be fine my betta popz sometimes nuzzles into my hand , its pretty cute
PopzTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #26 
Cali love

I'm super excited cuz I got him a new tank today! I have everything in it and now have to wait (24 hrs) before I can put him in it. I think he will feel more comfortable in his new home, once he gets adjusted. It has a heater and everything!! Lots of plants for him to swim thru and a skull hideout/hangout spot for him to peek his head thru. I think I'm more excited than he is!! Lol. I will introduce him to it tomorrow.. And will post pics. Can anyone see the pics I've already posted? I'm using my phone so I don't know how iPhone friendly this site is.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #27 
Mar

Can't see the pics, but I can't wait till u post pics of your awesome new tank!! Has he earned up to you yet?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #28 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapmon View Post

We have an odd relationship.
Had to laugh at this! Lol.

It's definitely nice to think of them as more than just something you LOOK at. I wish more people saw them as more than just a "decoration". Definitely full of personality!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #29 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Had to laugh at this! Lol.

It's definitely nice to think of them as more than just something you LOOK at. I wish more people saw them as more than just a "decoration". Definitely full of personality!
I make it seem as if I have some sort of relationship with all my beloveds. They're my sons and daughters and their older brother is a 2 year old dog who I call puppy, who I call son ... <<

You're right about their personalities though! They each have different traits and just recently my EE has made a bubble nest AFTER ... Becoming interested in bubbles. Weirdo. God help me when I put him in the 2ft fish tank.

"BUBBLES MUM!"
"ELLIOTT WOT R U DON'"
"BOOOBEELZ!!"
*poppoppoppopopppop*

Last edited by Flapmon; 05-08-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #30 
Cali love

Arizona is so happy in his new tank!! I don't know why my pics won't post but everytime I walk in the room he swims to the frog of his tank, back and forth, as if he's waving at me :)

We are both happy now! And my parents have taken to their "grandfish" too. :)