Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #1 
Betta905

Help! Betta with white fungus like material on fins

Hello Everyone!

I am in desperate need of some assistance with my new crowntail betta that I have had for about 2-3 weeks now. For the past few days(4-5) I have noticed that he has developed white fuzzy fungus type material on the ends of his fins. (which is spreading) I am extremely worried for him after having noticed that this fungus type material is spreading on his fins! I need some suggestions as to what I should do next. I have been doing 80 percent water changes every other day in his 2.5 gallon tank. There has not been any change in his level of activity. He still loves to eat! and continues to swim around. I had been hoping that regular water changes would help improve this condition however it seems to be spreading rapidly

PLEASE HELP!
I have also attached pictures of him .... The white fuzzy stuff is visible on his lower fins.

Tank size: 2.5 gallon
Tank temperature: 78-80 F
Attached Images

Betta905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #2 
Betta905

P.S the pictures fail to capture all of the fins that are affected. It is a lot worse than it looks in the picture!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #3 
Sweetstrwbrry

Mine had that too and now it has a fungal infection on his body..... What happened with yours?? Did you get it from petco?
Sweetstrwbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #4 
megan6o6

i have a crown tail betta as well... as he has the same issue... although i figured it was associated with the fin rot. It would only show up in the morning. But, when i used the salt for the fin rot it didnt come back after a couple days of treatment...so i would try that..

but dont use the salt for more than ten days. it can cause internal damage! Mine came back after i stopped the salt :( if anyone else knows, id love to know as well!!

Good luck with your boy.
megan6o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #5 
Sweetstrwbrry

Yes mine came back after I stopped using salt as well! But now he has a full blown infection with white growth on his body :(
Sweetstrwbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #6 
Betta905

I`ve started to add salt in his aquarium however I do not see any improvement in his condition. His behaviour seems to be the same. I'm really hoping that daily water changes help!!!

I got him from Pj`s Pets... he seemed to be the healthiest out of the bunch. I think he probably had finrot from when I got him but it was extremely hard to tell because of his colour. I also noticed that the fungus appears on certain fins then disappears and then eventually returns -_- SO frustrating! Another thing I noticed was this tiny black strand.... im thinking it might be the tips of his fins falling off since I noticed that a few of them are slightly shorter now.

Has anyone tried any fungus medicine ?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #7 
Flapmon

http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm

May help.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote