Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Need something non-toxic to remove Glue from sterilite container FAST!

I am try to put Nano in a clear sterilite container as a hospital tank. I want to float it in his own tank for the heat and so he's less stressed by seeing his own enviroment. I have tried vinegar it's not working. I need to get him in there. BTW I already messed up and floated tank for at least 8 minutes with the labels ON. I probably can't save the tank now but hopefully I will get my fish well.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #2 
jadaBlu

need to bump this I answered a post but I need an answer to this asap.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #3 
Backlash

Hot / boiling water is the safest thing that I can think of, but I don't know how effective it will be..
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #4 
Starfish1

Try taking it out, and using a hair dryer to heat the label. Try peeling one little corner off at first. You might need to heat it up more. If the label is really messed up and the glue is stuck you might need to try heating the glue and then scraping it of little by little. It should work.

Next time you buy something with a label do the hairdryer first before you get it wet and it will come right off. :)
Starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

If the hairdryer or hot water don't work.... Soak a cotton ball in isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Rub it against the label. Use your fingernail to scrape, if needed. Once the label is off, rinse well. Then let air dry.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #6 
jadaBlu

I ended up getting as much off as I could which was most of it. I was afraid to use alchohol. I thought of it. I probably have "toasted" the tank by putting in with the labels on as is :(. Nano at least is comfortable with almost as much swimming length as before. He just can't figure why he can't go lower.