Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #1 
Adnamac

Post Storytime...with pictures!

My first betta, who started my new love for these pretty fishies...Leroy! :)

What? You don't want to have a little photoshoot right now? Um...ok....maybe later? Call me?

Anyway...Leroy isn't corporative right now, so here's his stand in tank-buddy, Froggy.

Thank you, Froggy.

After I got Leroy...I NEEDED to have more. So then Jenkins came along. Unfortunately however, Jenkins is no longer with us. I left a healthy, active betta one afternoon for a night over at the boyfriend's place and when I returned less then 24 hours later he was COVERED in fuzz and lifeless at the bottom of his tank. SIP, Jenkins. I hardly knew you, but it was wonderful to have known you.

After Jenkins, I came upon Wrynn.

Wrynn is just a pretty boy, who looks like he's wearing white lipstick constantly. It's what made him stand out to me!

So now I've got my two boys...it was time to try a girl! So I went to Petsmart knowing that they receive new bettas in on Thursdays. I walked in looking for one pretty little lady...and what I walked out with was one poor sick little girl. Also...a dragonscale boy...but we'll get to him. :)

Poor thing was bloated badly and couldn't do anything but float, half curled, at the top of her tiny bowl. As soon as I got her home I started floating her in some nice, warm water and logged onto this form to get some advice on helping her! And now...guess what...

She feels much better! I was reluctant to give her a name before she was healthy again...in case I failed horribly I didn't want to throw that extra attachment there and break my heart. Now, however, I'm happy to report both health and a name! This is Thera, my pretty little first lady betta!

As for the male dragonscale I mentioned...

That's him! His calico-ness and half a mustache won me over and I couldn't leave him there. He doesn't have a name yet, and is sadly sick. As I type this the poor boy is hanging out in a hospital tank with some aqua salt battling some fuzzy cotton/fungus and looking like this:

Send him some good vibes, please! :)

Anyway yes. Storytime is over...thank you for your time!
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #2 
percyfyshshelley

I love that little girl! And Wrynn with the lipstick! Too cute. Good luck with your dragon boy hope he gets better soon.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #3 
Mr Degausser

They're all really great looking fish but MAN! Leroy's fins are incredible!
Mr Degausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #4 
jesssan2442

does the dragonscale boy have the same illness as jenkins did?
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #5 
rlawlis

What color and finage is Wrynn? He is stunning! I would love to find one like him. I hope your dragonscale gets to feeling better really soon! :)
~Ree
rlawlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #6 
Adnamac

Thanks for the good vibes and well wishes on the dragonscale, the aqua salt doesn't seem to be doing so much after three days so tomorrow I'm going to see about getting something stronger.

@Mr Degausser: Leroy thanks you kindly for the compliment! He (and I!) are both rather fond of them as well

@jesssan: I don't believe so. Jenkins, when I found the poor boy, was a bit different. Not cottony like the dragonscale..but very fuzzy.

@rlawlis: thanks! Wrynn is (and I could be wrong on some of this, still new at this business!) a HM multi-color (black, white and blue) on his body...with blue/white butterfly tale. Maybe. I think . Maybe I'll put up some pictures of him elsewhere to have someone better at that set me straight.
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote