Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #1 
jfthome

White specs moving across glass

I noticed these tiny specs last night. They are most definitely organisms as I can see them moving in way that is not caused by the water current. I have not introduced anything new to my tank since my Apple snail (1 month ago) and I keep the water in tip top condition. I have been reading every post I can find but still no definitive answer has arisen. The only link I have found is that perhaps I have left some uneaten algae wafers, (snail food) at the bottom. But where do these little guys come from? I have a nice mp4 video but cannot figure out how to attach it. It is 62MB and I zipped it but get an error when uploading. Thank you.
jfthome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 
tekkguy

They're probably copepods or daphnia. Totally harmless, and if the fish spots them, lunch.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #3 
jfthome

Well I am happy they are harmless but where the heck did they come from? Also, my Betta will not touch them. He only likes Brine shrimp in Spirulina and maybe a few dried blood worms. Maybe my Apple snail will munch them.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #4 
pittipuppylove

Do you have live plants? That's how they got into my tanks - although the only tank you can see them in is the shrimp tank because the fish think they're rather tasty.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #5 
jfthome

No live plants just plastic. My apple snail was added a month ago so i don't think they hitched a ride with him. So strange.