Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #1 
Tabby216

Smile Finally got my Eheim Jager Heater

This heater is very good because within 30 minutes it was exactly at the temperature I set it with.

My question is if the on light keeps staying on is it broken? I read somewhere if it does that something is wrong with it.

And when I do water changes do I unplug it and leave it in the water around 15 minutes then start the water change?
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

If it works like my Elite adjustable heater the light stays on while its heating the water and goes off when the temp you set it too is reached, it will come back on when its heating the water again.

Yes make sure you unplug it and wait 15 mins before you start your water change.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #3 
ryancalif

Keep an eye on the water temperature for the first day or two... these heaters usually need to be calibrated for first time use. After the first day, check the water temperature and make sure it matches what you have the EHEIM set at. If it doesn't match, turn the red dial on the top of the heater to the actual water temperature. After that, the heater will be calibrated and you're good to go!

These are great heaters though... I've got two of them. :)
ryancalif is offline   Reply With Quote