Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #1 
finsNhooves

Smile finsNhooves betta and horse journal

11/12/13

Hi guys. I thought i would start a journal about my betta and my horseback riding adventures. Right now i have a royal blue male crowntail betta named felix. He is in an Aqeuon Evolve 4. I got him from petco. I love him to death! I would post pictures but i cant right now.
I have had 2 goldfish and 10 mollies before but bettas are new for me. I thought i only wanted one betta but not that i have Felix, i am addicted! I want to get a new 10g tank and move Felix into there and get 6 black kuhli loaches. I am so excited to upgrade him! but one problem, i need to convince my parents. I have saved up enough, so i am pretty sure they will let me. But there is one more thing i dont think they will agree with. I want another betta! I would buy a big kritter keeper to put it in. Wish me luck! I am oing to talk to my parents tomorrow!
I have been riding horses and taking lessons for 7 years. Sadly, i dont own a horse but i have leased 2 horses an i used to volunteer at a ranch but right now i dont even take lessons. But i just recently went to a show on my old lease horse who i still get to ride occasionally and we got 3rd place! I couldnt be more proud of Morris ( my old lease horse)!

I hope i didnt bore you too much! If you read all of this, you are awesome!

Happy fishkeeping :)

P.S. for those of you with an aqueon evolve, i find that the flow is too strong for my betta even with it on the lowest setting so i did a mod. I punched a couple holes in the tubing of the pump and i also rubberbanded a piece of pantyhose across the nozzle. Hope that works for you!

Last edited by finsNhooves; 11-12-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
finsNhooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 
BettaLover1313

Glad that you figured out a way to fix your filter flow for Felix :). Also, congrats on the 3rd place with Morris! I hope you can continue to work with equines as they are amazing animals to work with.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #3 
finsNhooves

11/14/13

So i was planning on talking to my dad about getting the 10 gallon and going to the store but i didnt get to because it turned out that we had other plans that i didnt know about until the last minute. So my dad wont be home tonight so i might ask my mom even though she says that i can have no more pets, (i think she doesnt care about fish just pets that take up more room) i will hopefully have an update later tonight or tomorrow
Old 11-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #4 
finsNhooves

Talked to my dad tonight and we might be going to the store to get my new fish tank tomorrow. So excited! :)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #5 
BettaLover1313

Good luck & have fun!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #6 
finsNhooves

Thanks :) i cant except i am not looking forward to waiting for it to cycle. But if i want fish i am going to have to learn some patience! :D
Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #7 
BettaLover1313

Definitely worth the wait though to see how happy the fish are when they can finally enter their new home!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #8 
finsNhooves

Meet Felix!

sorry if the pic is huge
Old 11-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #9 
BettaLover1313

Very handsome!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #10 
finsNhooves

:( didnt go to the store because my dad and i went on a "date" . I dont ge much time alone with him since i have a twin brother sonwe do fun stuff sometimes just the two of us and we call them "dates". Hopefully tomorrow though. Felix seems very active today. He keeps jumping at his food and chasing my finger around. I just love that little guy :)