Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #101 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 85

Wow....I did it! I broke up Steve and Tony! well since I had recently got three surprises that came with plants; two Male Endler's and one female Endler's so I had them in my 10 gallon split with Aero and Mercury and the three little ones were in the middle. But I recently found out that my 10 gallon is sitting pretty at 5.5 pH I was like WAAAHHHHHTTTT??? crazy! I think it was the driftwood so I took that out. ANWYAY!

So I decided to put Steve in the split 10, take away the divider and put the Endler's in with Tony since he doesn't give a rats-ass about anything and so far the only thing he wanted to do with the Endler's was get the flake that was sitting at the bottom of their cup and hasn't touched them since they came out! He's such a good boy! Oh I also found a Ramshorn snail in there too THEY LIVE!!! lol we'll see how long this one lasts

So I'm pretty sure I found that Steve is branching again so he could very well end up a DeT or HM! There go my skills XD And Tony definitely has four ray's as well, so if they're from the same spawn then they'll probably be the same tail type which is just so interesting!

So I didn't get many pictures of Tony today because I was too fascinated with Steve lol and then I got a video of Aero and Steve flaring to each other

Pictures!!!!

Here's the beautiful boy!

I died when I saw this picture! haha

Tailzzz

Mini-flare

And my lovely baby Tony

Upgraded to the Big Boy Tank!

Checking out the gravel and eating some left over flakes lol, he's such a pig!

Checking out his new neighbor, Mercury!

He's spotted Aero!

Aero and Steve for comparison! *swoon* oh my baby has grown up!!!

Aero's lovely flare but Steve didn't seem to care (<---lol that rhymed)

"Am I doing this right mommy?"

And the 5.5 as it stands now. lol that ornament, I swear it's the Betta-hood of the traveling ornament XD It's literally been in every single tank that I own! Including the 1 gallon and the 2.5! The Endler's are now in the tank and doing well although the original one that I had taken out to QT, I don't think he's going to make it. He's not diseased but it looks like the change from 7.2 (store pH) down to 5.5 pH did a number on him because he was fine when I brought him home. So I don't think he'll live too much longer unfortunately.

And if you want to meet Blue Spot, Orange Spot and Baby Spot, check out my Regular Betta Log! http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=213306 I'll be updating soon with more pictures!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #102 
LebronTheBetta

Nice!

Aero is beautiful as ever... xD It's great all your boys are doing well, love the picture with Steve's mouth open!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #103 
TheOnlyCanvas

This is beyond adorable. They're all so handsome! I love Aero's colors :D
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #104 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks! Yeah against Aero, Steve isn't so glamorous haha but I still love him!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #105 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Video mostly of Aero but I got Steve in there too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2OFSFLQkSo
Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #106 
TheOnlyCanvas

Nah, Steve is super glamorous! His fins are so nice. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #107 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCanvas View Post
Nah, Steve is super glamorous! His fins are so nice. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
ME TOO!!!! Especially since I'm pretty sure I saw four rays which means not a VT! As much as I like VT's, it's exciting for him to be something else and still possibly Dragon scale although I have a feeling its just heavy iridescence but...shhhh, let me dream haha
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #108 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay! Sorry for those who are on my Fish Log as well because some of these pictures are reposts for those who aren't on my Fish log. So then you can just skip down to the new pictures of Tony and Steve ^_^

Okay! Introduction to White Stripe! He's the new Endler I got because Orange Spot didn't make it. So right now I've got Blue Spot, Baby Spot and White Stripe.

First brought home after being acclimated 45 minutes with drip:

Better picture, you can see his white stripe and it's outlined with two small black stripes either side.

Baby Spot is growing a bit!! Oh there's a chance that she's actually a Rice Fish, not an Endler so we'll see what happens when she's grows up!

Baby Spot introducing the two boys, Blue Spot is behind White Stripe

The boy's displaying for Baby Spot

Sorting out a hierarchy:

I also got a snail that came with the Elodea! Once about 4-5 day's pass, he'll go into the 10 gallon to help with the algae. I didn't want him to die in the pH of 5.5 since most snails like higher pH levels >.< but the store had informed me that if I had a Half-Way tank then I could introduce them to the new lower pH in about a week's time. So that's where the snail will be going.

And this is how the 5.5 gallon looks as of right now:

And now for pictures of Tony! The butt has been pretty shy of me right now and I'm wondering if it's from being less secure without his boyfriend around but so far he's fine with the Endler's and just sorts of swims around, flares at the tank wall sometimes and eats happily.
These were the best pictures I could get of him ><

And then back into hiding he went ><

And then Steve was being a Sir Zoomsalot so I only got a few of him ><

Interesting pic I thought

Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #109 
Viva

Awww poor Tony misses his brother :( He's such a lil cutie!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #110 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, Steve was striping a lot too. He'll only color up if I cam around. Darn Aero keeps taunting him through the mesh and still flaring like crazy. Hopefully Steve can smarten up and flare back! But so far no flares from the baby!