betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #131 
Mar

Super cute photos! Glad to hear some of the shrimp survived the massacre xD
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #132 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yes, i was happy to see them as well!! I mean at least it was only 10 dollars for the 10+2 shrimp and then 10 for shipping so it was practically a steal of Rili, I should have known they were going to be juvie sized >.< well know I know at least
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #133 
Mashiro

The shrimp massacre was sort of morbidly funny the way you described it, lol at least Steve and Tony got some good protien!

But if you want to keep more shrimp from being eaten, I'd recommend the shrimp rocks at Pleco Caves. They're 5 bucks a piece and specialized for dwarf shrimp and juvies to hide in.

http://www.plecocaves.com/Caves.htm/...imp-rocks.html
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #134 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thank's Mashiro! lol I tried to keep it lighthearted. I wasn't too brokenhearted over it though since I thought I was getting shrimp that were twice-three times bigger than what they came as >.< so I'm more mad if anything. But I'm going to leave the few that are left and let them grow some if they grow much more at all. I won't be trying any more shrimp with them though so it's all dandy Thanks for the link though! Those look pretty nifty, could hide them behind some of the plants too lol
Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #135 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well I think Tony turned into quite the killer! No shrimp sightings today and his belly is still looking pretty darn full. He also killed two of the snails that were in there....geeze, this fish! I swear!

So did a water change for them today, all three (Steve, Tony and Mercury) got stripy, not out of the normal but colored up well afterwards. I don't know the next time I'll be able to get pictures since I've got a super busy rest of the week.

But in other news Baby Spot and Blue Spot seem to be doing okay but they were just chillling a lot today so...I don't know what's quite up with them yet. They eat just fine but don't seem quite colorful. Blue Spot no longer shows off for Baby Spot so I'm wondering if she is indeed a Guppy but even still, I feel like he'd take an interest since they interbreed anyway....idk man!

But when White Stripe was still in with them (oh btw, don't know if I ever said but Rembrandt tore him to pieces after the first week the little bugger >.>) but Blue Spot would really color up and the two would spar a bit. Blue Spot actually has a black tail but most of the time he's just dull in color since he apparently has no one to spar with/show off for. So again...idk!

But that's my update for now Steve is still growing, I'm sure Tony's grown but he still doesn't look much like it. I wish he'd just get bigger already! At least try to catch up with Steve lol Steve is already half a Betta!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #136 
Viva

Lol Tony you vicious little fish! How is he not growing after eating all those shrimps, lol?
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #137 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I DON'T KNOW!!! Gah, it's rather frustrating though! Both him and Steve must have been eating the shrimp because they had full bellies all through the week and I haven't really fed them since they were so full looking! Tony looks like a gutted baby and Steve just looks like he ate too much lol.

Steve has been refusing pellets since I started them on frozen BW's, spoiled brats they are! He finally ate a small pellet this morning though after two weeks of refusing! Tony will eat a flake here and there but still won't go for the pellets. My two Endler's don't seem interested in food either, Baby Spot has been hanging at the top, she perks up when she see's me and loves to swim at me but when I sneak over she's just sitting there. And then Blue Spot doesn't seem to have eaten since I took White Stripe away....he's also extremely dull in color....not sure what to do with them!

I can't put the Endler's in with Aero since he'll just eat them, same with Rembrandt and Ditto. Maybe I should just donate them to my LFS....I don't want them to die but I feel that if they stay in the 10 gallon, it's just not good for them since the pH is so low. It would probably be just better for me to donate them, I'll do that next week then I think. That will give Tony more room technically to swim as well even though he spends most of his time down at the bottom back corner staring through the mesh at his boyfriend lol
Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #138 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So....Tony kill the Endler's too....and the snails....and the remaining shrimp....Did I not teach this boy some manners?!?!?! lol

Wow how things can turn on a dime! That's for sure. I mean, I can't really blame him and I'm not really made since all of them were free but the shrimp. Poor boy's, I was away all weekend pet-sitting for my Aunt so I lost four and a half day's with them, I'd be mad too if I had to fast Monday and Tuesday and then again from Friday afternoon to Monday night! Poor babies, at least they had food I guess!

Steve killed his snail too. You know what's funny, the one I was worried most about didn't kill his snail; Aero still has his snail and seems to enjoy it as well which I found quite interesting lol. The snail in Rembrandt's tank mysteriously died as well which is weird because Remmy is in a cup right now being treated with some sort of body slime on his head around one of his face vents so he's in AQ salt right now but I'm thinking of medicating him and Matisse with Furan-2....I think it might be columnaris which means I need to get Mattie out there right away. Something weird is going on with Mattie's fins as well, she's getting more black but only around the places she was nipped at but it's not Fin rot, it looks like her natural coloration....idk....I've had her in salt before as well with nothing and she was at 3 tsp/gal and Remmy is only at 1 tsp/gal.

Anyway, this is my PetCo BABY thread, not my Betta journal lol.

On that note, here are some pictures! Poor boy's were so stressed out when I got home and perked up through the two hours I spent with them, I wish I could just take them with me all the time! Speaking of which, what do y'all think about me totting a baby betta around from my mom's to dad's? I'll be aqccuring another baby Betta from a friend who can no longer tank care of him and his growth has been stunted horribly. So I want to be able to change his water daily but in order for that to happen, he needs to be with me and I can't do that well if I'm going back and forth between my mom and dad's. I want to get a larger kritter keeper (large size) for his more permenant home and then I could get a smaller one for when I tote him around and I can bring a heater with me to work and---no that wouldn't work I guess :-/ sigh, idk!

Anyway, pictures.

Tony, still slightly stressed here

I love his colors, he's so...shiny I guess the word would be haha and still not growing, at least not that I see! >.<

Steve looks so pouty here! Poor boy's I feel really bad for leaving them so long without food and someone to look at them....probably should have left instruction for my brother to feed them at least on Saturday :-/ it's in the past now though...I'll know for next time if there is one.

Well fed after a few bloodworms he's refusing pellets right now >.> spoiled brat!

And that's all I have for this journal! Hopping over to my Betta Log to update those pics!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #139 
Huffle Puffles

Your boys are looking so handsome!! Tony reminds me of when someone leaves their dog home alone and they come back to a torn couch and the trash knocked over. lol, Fussy boy!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #140 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yes!! that's exactly what he is XD oy, if I could take him with me everywhere I would! lol so no tank mates for him it seems, ah well. but thank you! Yes they are quite handsome and have come a long way