Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #141 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 108

Whew, I kept forgetting to date posts but today is day 108!! whew!

So Tony has been compared to the bad dog who eats the trash and the couch while I'm gone and then Steve I think is the sad puppy who whines the entire time that I'm gone lol He ate half a pellet today though! That made me happy, Tony still refuses anything but one spot of NLS Flake and his frozen bloodworms, he's such a spoiled brat! Seriously they're both exactly like they're namesake's it kills me!!!

Good God Steve! Stop moping already! I'm HOME DARN-IT!

STAAAAHHHPPPPP!

*Sigh* Steve....I can't give you Bloodworms AGAIN today, you had them yesterday! You'll get them tomorrow.....sigh

Steve, seriously buddy!

On an unrelated note, look! My DHG is thrown out a shoot already! Look you can see it at the glass! And growing another sprig! I'm so excited!

Look Steve, even Tony ain't taking your crap! lol

"Steven! Don't you dare walk--swim away from me!"

"Maybe he just needs some time to himself....although he's had all darn weekend!"

"I don't know, he just doesn't respond to my iridescence the way he used to...."

"Steve? Steve I'm sorry I didn't mean--*GASP* How DARE you flip that fin at me!"

"FINE! I've HAD it with your crap! I'm going over...there...."
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #142 
Mar

xD so cute how Steve begs! <3
Love your plants btw, they look really healthy as always
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #143 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Mar! Yeah all the plants are doing like 10 million-kajillion-bajililion times better since I stopped using those stupid LED lights and went with the two clamp Fluorescent lights both at 5,000K 9 watt's each I use two and forewent the clamp and so they're just resting on the glass canopy. The water sprite is actually growing!

The Alternanthera plant on Steve's side has been loosing a lot of leaves and the one in my sorority just completely died so I'm thinking that plant reeeaaallly hates currents or something....not quite sure what's up with that because the one on Tony's side is doing amazing....so yeah...
Old 08-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #144 
BettaLover1313

Love the captions for the pictures, just so adorable!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #145 
Mar

SO LED lights aren't as good?
Good to know xD
I use pretty much the same lights you do :D

Think I use 2 of these and they\re pretty much the same as yours.

Last edited by Mar; 08-14-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #146 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah no, LED's don't have a great PAR rating unless the company makes it so. Apparently the Finnex by Fugray has a really good PAR rating, enough for medium lighting for most small tanks I'm sure. But most fluorescent's are great lights for planted tanks. I get high lighting on my 10 with the 5,000K fluorescent's in the clamp lights.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #147 
Viva

Omg it's so cute that your little babies missed you so much! Those poor fellas! Steve is just begging you to feed him some more frozen treats...don't give in to him! Hahaha! And Tony's already had his fill on LIVE foods lol.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #148 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Geeze I know! The little bugger! lol he's not as plump as he was before in these pictures, finally starting to slim down XD

I think he's finally growing as well, but next to Steve it's just hard to tell is all.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #149 
sarah13

They are so cute can't wait to see them all grown up!
sarah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #150 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 110

Posting as if from last night as when these pics were taken.

So I took out Tony's terracotta pot side and he seems to like it without the pot there so I just threw it into the sorority and called it a day. My Alternanthera was dying on his side so I stripped the leaves and trimmed them in half and planted both halves except for like one which was completely rotted. So hopefully that will grow better soon, they're still growing roots so idk what's up with them and if it's the flow from the filters or if they're just acclimating still. The ones in my sorority completely died :-/

So Tony I'm pretty sure was eating the roots off the Frog-Bit that was floating....so I took out all his floaters as well so he isn't left with much but he seems to enjoy it more....weird boy but okay! If it makes him happy then I'm just fine with it haha I trimmed the Cabomda up and made it look nice nice. Java Ferns are doing amazing in there and putting out new leaves every week it seems!

Steve's side has yet to see a make-over yet, need to trim the Alternanthera down to see if that helps, clean out the gravel today and clean out the filter as well. But otherwise he seems to be doing better, he's still mopping about a little but he's better. I fed them Bloodworms enriched with Vita-Chem last night, both enjoyed it thoroughly!

Here's Tony enjoying his new aqua-scape

Steve still stress-striping and mopping about.

And this is after I fed them frozen BW's, they were more happy here.

Can see his fin growth.

Cute picture of Tony...if he weren't pooping XD but as you can see, all his floaters are gone or at least most of them. It's a bit hard to get dying duckweed out of there. Yes I can kill duckweed! Only in this tank though, probably too much filter flow....oh well

Fat and happy, fins are still growing!

lol, he looks derpy here XD silly boy!

And that's it for now! Hope you enjoy all the pictures ^_^