betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #161 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yes! I will I will!! I looove pictures ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #162 
Huffle Puffles

Awww the new baby is so cuuuuute!! I really like Hawkeye, my votes for that as his name ^_^

Steve and Tony look handsome as ever!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #163 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Huffle! I'll be sure to note of that, so far I've got two votes for Hawkeye lol. Going to go post him in the PetCo baby Betta thread over there to get some more votes in ^_^

I'm thinking about just dividing the 10 gallon again to make four sections and put baby in there since they all need the water changes anyway. Or I could take Mercury out and put baby in there and put Mercury in the 3 gallon kritter keeper....that sounds more of a better idea huh?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #164 
Huffle Puffles

So the three babies in the 10 gallon and Mercury in the 3 gallon? Sounds like a perfect idea. Since you're right, the three boys need the same care. Makes it easier! :D
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #165 
Viva

Omg the new baby is sooo cuuute! I love the name Ricochet for him! I know all the babies I raised were ricocheting around their tanks, especially at feeding time LOL.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #166 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol I know, that's why I like Ricochet but I also like Hawkeye and Maverick >.< I think I've been calling him Maverick in my head but I still don't know! I'll just have to try them out I guess!

Yeah, figure the 10 gallon idea would just be easier and better for him as well, he'd then get 3.3 gallons but technically the whole 10 if you think about water circulation. Besides it'd make me do more water changes for Steve and Tony >.< most of why I think Tony hasn't grown; they only get two water changes a week...sigh. But this should definitely help me and give me incentive.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #167 
BettaLover1313

The new boy is so cute! Of course Steve and Tony are as handsome as always
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #168 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks again BL1313!!

So the little baby has hid all day yesterday and today I couldn't find her in the forest of Water Sprite so I'm hoping he/she will come out later today for food when I get home and for pictures as well. So far I have one picture of her in the 10 gallon:

Can you see her? lol She was peaking out at me and then slowly went behind the heater so I couldn't see her XD kind of funny actually.

Anyway, still no idea's if it's a girl or boy since I've never seen a baby girl in person before, only on the interwebs! Legit the only babies we have are male VT's and they're always blue! I saw a cambo once and I should have grabbed it but I never see any other colors :-/ So a female is fascinating!! Or even a PK honestly!

Steve looking drab as usual, he doesn't flare anymore :-/ oh and he got his fins in the filter again >.<

Tony's fins are growing!

Draaaaaabbbbbb

Yeah still drab!

I'm pretty sure that all my Alternanthera died too :-/ It was doing so well!! However the red Ludwigia I have now is doing amazing! I have nearly 4 new leaves on the one stem in Tony's side since putting it in there on Monday I think it was! So maybe I should just get more of that stuff and get rid of the Alter. stuff >.>
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #169 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 117 and 3

Not much to report today except Steve's fins are healing and the new boy has come out to play a little more. Not quite to the eating point yet, although I tried one pellet and he tried to grab it but it was too big >.< And I did determine that it is indeed a boy, I see no evidence of a shape of the ovaries at least, just a stomach In which case I feel I should name him Hawkeye since Hawk is a decent nickname; Maverick; Mav? didn't like it. And then Ricochet, Ric; don't like that either >.< lol So Hawkeye it is!

Here's Steve moping about since he knew it was water change day.

Tony zooming about!

Cool angle of him.

"I'mma sail boat!! See my sail? I can turn it too!"

"See, I turned it for you Steve!"

"Tony you know I don't like when you sailboat >.>"
"I'm only half mad at you so I'll only half flare at you"

"Can I join the sailboat club?"

"Uhhh guys?? There's something on the otherside of this invisible wall here....he's flaring at me....grrr!! I flare back!"
Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #170 
PonyJumper101

oh so cute!! i laughed so hard at the sailboat thing!
PonyJumper101 is offline   Reply With Quote