Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #201 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 146 and 32

Sooo.....Hawkeye grew AGAIN! He also made me a bubblenest on my birthday!!

He looks like some of those really tiny females you can get at Petco or Petsmart >.<

This is him turning to look at me after he was flaring and was like "Wut? I wasn't flaring at Tony....he started it!"

"Did not!"

"Grrr!"

"*high pitched voice*Oh no! I've been flared at! Oh! What am I to do?! Steve, you must come save me! *back to regular voice* oh fin off Hawkeye"

"*grumbles* at least she likes me...." *goes to look at black copper ct girl*

LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE! and yes I realize my water sprite is dying and needs a trim lol

"...I don't know what's going on..."
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #202 
BettaLover1313

Hawkeye has grown so much! Love the captions for the pictures!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #203 
RowdyBetta

They're lovely!
lol, the captions had me laughing my head off xD
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #204 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha!

It's so them too! Tony is definitely an instigator Steve is quite aloof and Hawkeye is gullible but knows when to get down to business. Especially when working on his bubblenest
Old 10-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #205 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 157 and 43

I keep forgetting that I even have this thread with all my sick fishies around >.< Sorry about that! But the baby boy's are doing wonderful and growing! Well everyone except Tony >.< Steve's grown in both body and tail but not by much, Hawkeye on the other hand has yet to finish his growth spurt! He's huge! Almost a little over half the size of Aero is! So I tried to get comparison photos of the three with Aero in a cup floating in their sections but it was kind of hard to do. Steve didn't mind to flare at Aero but eventually succumbed to the bigger, more dominant male and retreated. Tony took one look and retreated >.< sissy pants that he is. And then Hawkeye freaked out with a flaring fest but wouldn't stay still >.<

So I've got these pictures. Oh and dated from yesterday and pics are also from yesterday.

Here's the cutie patootie wondering why the heck there is another fish in his territory.

Aero and his beautiful dragonscale self with a great flare pose while Steve starts to wonder if he should even approach the bigger male....he started to back away at this point lol

Hard to show size when Steve is against the glass and Aero isn't....so Steve isn't exactly this big but it gives you a general idea.

These are the only two pics I could get clearly of Tony....he's such a little sissy for everyone except Steve, he loves Steve and loves to flare at him.

Hawkeye's ventral fins are starting to get some color ^_^ also, he's purple! So he's named extremely adequately

I got a lot of photos of Hawkeye but most of them were either blurry or my white shirt was reflecting too much and ruining the photos >.< So here's a sort of good picture of his beautiful spread!

Aero was tuckered out by this point and Hawkeye wouldn't stop moving >.>
but you get the basic idea in size I think.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #206 
cowboy

Too cute. Our petsmarts don't carry babies although I saw a girl that could have been one. Guess a trip across the border is in order. The lineups are aweful, most times hours wait
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #207 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Too cute. Our petsmarts don't carry babies although I saw a girl that could have been one. Guess a trip across the border is in order. The lineups are aweful, most times hours wait
Hours to cross the border? Ugg, that stinks, it took use an hour or so to get over the Rainbow Bridge in Ontario to get back from the Falls so I think that's a fair amount of time, but hours? Yeah, not fun :-/ but for a baby Betta, it might be worth it ^_^
Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #208 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 163 and 49

Okay so I've got a few pictures also from Sunday but forgot to upload them as usual, that date would have been Day 161 and 47 just for reference sake. Hawkeye apparently doesn't want to stop growing! he's so big now! He's like a smaller female you'd get at PetCo or something, well a little bigger I think!

This is probably one of the best pictures I have of him, really captures his colors...well almost. He's actually purple in real life, like a legitimate violet! pictures make him look too blue :-/ but that's okay! He's still gorgeous!

This one better shows his form!

"Tony...I know you're over there...come on man, let me in! We could totally be bro's!"

"Oh! Ehhh hi mom...what's up? No I wasn't trying to get on Tony's side! Would you believe me if I said his grass is greener?"

Which it is....this is Tony's side of the divider lol ripe with algae XD I don't know what kind of algae it is though, comes off relatively easily so I'm really not worried.

And here are the pictures from today

I swear he seriously grew again!

So I made Tony fat since he's obviously not eating enough! I fed frozen Brine shrimp today and I think I might just try to feed him that like 3 times a week since I says not to feed more than twice a day which means I could feed him this once a day if I really wanted to. But I think the added protein is what he needs for sure. So yeah...he's fat lol

He's so adorable when he's fat though lol, he wobbles everywhere XD

Steve too

And comparison pic, I do think Tony is growing, just very slowly....
Old 10-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #209 
BettaLover1313

Tony definitely looks bigger than from previous photos! Not to mention that Hawkeye looks gorgeous!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #210 
Quinn

Wow, until I saw these close up, clear pics of Tony I didn't realize how shrimpy and stunted he is. And now fat
Does he always keep his stripes too? He looks so immature, aww lil bub.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote