Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #221 
DerangedUnicorn

Phew! I just read all 22 pages of this. I love your boys! Tony is like the youngest baby of the bunch. I think he'll always be mommy's little baby, whereas Steve & Hawkeye will grow up to be your big strong men. They'll go fight in the war or something and Tony will stay home with you.

Okay. That was weird.....ANYWHO! I'm sorry Tony has eaten & picked on all your attempts to add a friend to his side. Guess it's not meant to be.

Good job on the babies. I wish my baby turned out to be a boy. Oh well, I still love her. Oh! & I LOVE Steve & Tony's bromance they got going on. :)
DerangedUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #222 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh wow! Good for you! I occasionally look about through entries but I don't think I'd ever read all 22 pages haha.

I totally love that analogy! Not weird at all! Tony is definitely momma's little baby! And he always will be! lol

See, funny thing is that I always wanted a girl so that she could go in the sorority but turns out that apparently breeders like to keep all their girls and just give the boy's to the PetCo's lol. Oh well, love them all the same!

And yes, Steve and Tony's bromance is totally going strong! They flare occasionally but Steve likes to sleep against the divider some times and Tony will be just on the otherside of him, leaning as well and it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #223 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 173 and 59

Ugg I'm pooped. Did a water change on the tank since I seem to be experiencing a bacteria bloom. I took out the extra filter I had in there since it was just annoying and switched the HOB from Hawkeye's compartment to Steve's so it's in the middle. Seems to be working out fine but the bacteria needed a few days to catch up is all.

Look how big he looks! During the water change, hence the light isn't on him.

The clear parts at the end are his new fin growth.

He's such a big handsome boy now! He's got coloring on his pecs as well now! I kind of hope they fill in ^_^ it would be so cute!

Steve with a full tummy

That little bit of lipstick is so cute

"Look Ma, Imma sailboat again!"

Still got his stripes but he's slowly coloring up more!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #224 
Chachi

Love the lipstick!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #225 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 184 and 70

Holy wow, it's been a while since I've posted! Not much has changed, Steve and Tony are spoiled and don't want the pellets or flakes, all they want is the brine shrimp or bloodworms >.< Hawkeye will eat anything and everything as usual.

Oh and posting these pictures from Saturday actually.

Tony!

Blue lips!

You can't see me!

Steve still looks droopy but he's growing! His tail is totally growing out and healing very well which is great!

I love the red at the end of his tail though, I think it's adorable. I know it's most likely going to go away because of red-loss but I think it's still so adorable.

Hawkeye's tail grew again....

Steve and Tony

And the three of them/tank, actually Hawkeye is hiding but that's okay. And yeah there's a lot of algae in there.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #226 
Viva

Wow Hawkeye grew FAST!! Wasn't he the third, and yet he looks bigger than the other 2? He's beautiful, I love his purple/blue and red color. Tony is so friggin cute!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #227 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, he was the third but he was given to me already partially grown. They had him for roughly 4 months so yes he is older than my other two so I did expect that. But I didn't expect him to be like a weed!!! lol

Tony IS adorable!! Parts of me wants him to stay tiny forever and the other part tells me that it's unhealthy and he needs to grow up and be mature but...but...he's my baby!! lol
Old 10-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #228 
Viva

Ohhhhh I see. Hehehe, I would be just as conflicted about Tony. Little bitty baby bettas are the cutest things everrrr! Spark was a tiny female until she joined the sorority tank...then she grew like twice her size in just a month or two. She also eats like ridiculous amounts of food though...she's one of the only ones who would literally SCOUR the entire floor of the tank and look for any bits of food left behind. And usually she would find them even before the corydoras could sniff 'em out, haha. Bettas have such good eyesight, its crazy! A little off topic, but I noticed how good of eyesight they had the other day. I was shooting the laser pointer around, playing with my cat from across the room, and I notice all the females in the sorority tank in the bottom corner trying to swim through the glass to get to the laser! Me and my boyfriend were like..."OMG THEY CAN SEE IT!!! THAT'S INSANE!" These little creatures are so AWESOME!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #229 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG yes! I point the laser in the tank sometimes, keeping care to keep it away from them and they love to chase it! Oh I haven't done that in a while! I'll have to break it out again, it's so adorable! But yes, they have amazing eyesight!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #230 
logisticsguy

Just so cute. A laser I never thought of that! Good idea thanks gotta try this now lol.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote