Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #251 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks DQ, doesn't seem to be so though

I came home to find that half of his ventral is bitten off and his tail is bitten up pretty badly, not something that could be achieved by a fish on another side of the divider I figured Kit could reach the ventral if he stuck it through the divider but the way the tail is bit up, she couldn't have possibly done it >.< I can't win with these guy's. He's still refusing to eat too and while shows interest in eating and Kit, he just doesn't want to do anything.

Hawkeye on the other hand furociously builds his bubble-nests and flares at Steve and Black CT girl quite a bit and then comes up to beg for food Kit swims around, taunting Steve through the divider and then goes to beg for food.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #252 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 203, 89, and 13

Steve isn't looking well he's lethargic for most of the day, flat out refuses pellets and flakes and has lost a little interest in the frozen stuff. Like he's all for it when he see's it but at first it takes him a little while to get up to the tweezers, so in hopes to help him I make him chase the tweezers for his food. He still doesn't feel like doing anything though and this is how Tony acted before he lost his will to live

I PROMISE though, seriously promise if he goes, I will only split the tank for Kit-Kat and Hawkeye, no more babies for a while. But I'll of course keep the log going for those two since they still have some growing up to do!

This is what Steve has been looking like, he looks fine but just doesn't want to do anything. Not even torment Kit-Kat or respond to her torments! She keeps looking through the divider at him as if trying to get him to play!

Like this

I love this picture because you can really see the color on his pectoral fins!

Old 11-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #253 
Huffle Puffles

Awws :( Poor Steve, perk up lil guy!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #254 
BettaLover1313

I really hope Steve starts to perk up
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #255 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Thanks DQ, doesn't seem to be so though

I came home to find that half of his ventral is bitten off and his tail is bitten up pretty badly, not something that could be achieved by a fish on another side of the divider I figured Kit could reach the ventral if he stuck it through the divider but the way the tail is bit up, she couldn't have possibly done it >.< I can't win with these guy's. He's still refusing to eat too and while shows interest in eating and Kit, he just doesn't want to do anything.

Hawkeye on the other hand furociously builds his bubble-nests and flares at Steve and Black CT girl quite a bit and then comes up to beg for food Kit swims around, taunting Steve through the divider and then goes to beg for food.
I hope Steve gets to feeling better. Your babies are all growing up to look so beautiful! Thanks for helping me figure out my new baby is a boy.
annyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #256 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks to both of you.

Steve is not doing well I'm afraid. I woke up today and I thought he was dead for a while until I poked him with some tweezer's and he moved but not much. He's barely breathing and I really don't think he's going to last long. I don't want to euthanize him because I've done that so much in the past two weeks and I'm still holding onto the hope that he can get better with a few nice Brine Shrimps in his tummy
Old 11-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #257 
annyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Thanks to both of you.

Steve is not doing well I'm afraid. I woke up today and I thought he was dead for a while until I poked him with some tweezer's and he moved but not much. He's barely breathing and I really don't think he's going to last long. I don't want to euthanize him because I've done that so much in the past two weeks and I'm still holding onto the hope that he can get better with a few nice Brine Shrimps in his tummy
Oh no! Im sorry, maybe he will perk up for some Brine shrimps. If there is some place you could get some mosquito larva in your area, that might entice him to eat and they are so nutritious it might give him a boost to hang on. I thought the cold would get rid of all the larva here in my area, but I went out and checked and its all still there wiggling around. I been feeding it to all my fish and the new baby I got has done really well on it so far.
annyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #258 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah he didn't go for the shrimp, he's literally sitting half an inch from it on the floor and just not doing anything.

All our mosquito's have gone by now, especially after our super cold week about two weeks ago and then this past Monday was below freezing soooo yeah, no mosquito larvae for my fishies, but yes I normally go out in the summer to find some as well.

Steve is normally a picky eater but this is beyond being picky, this is him giving up his will, the same thing happened to Tony as well. I know it's because they're all severely stunted and I've done the best I can till this point and yes it's all a learning experience but at a hard cost sometimes.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #259 
EvaJupiterSkies

I just read this entire thing (procrastination is a beautiful thing), and poor Tony and Steve! I hope Steve gets better! :(

I have slight betta envy over Hawkeye though. Wow, he is a gorgeous boy! And Kit-Kat is adorable too!
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #260 
BettaLover1313

I really hope Steve perks up! I can't imagine how hard this has all been!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote