Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #1 
bniebetta

Angry People who should never have pets!!

I am so infuriated right now!!! I have a "friend" (not really a friend, just a boyfriends old roommate) who has to be the most frustrating pet owner ever. My boyfriend actually had to live at her house for a while because she invited him to move from California and stay with her for the first while to get a job, etc. He was really shocked at the sight of her house. She had three dogs and three cats in a two bed apartment, and she never let them outside. Imagine, if you will, where animals go to the bathroom when they can't go outside. She never cleaned the catbox (it's not like the cats even used it anymore after a certain point). She occasionally fed the dogs, and they were very underweight by the time she abandoned them and moved to a different apartment. I have personally witnessed her purchase 1 dollar cat food from the grocery store. 1 dollar!!! Are you kidding? All her cats have very thin fur, eyes that leak constantly, and severe respiratory problems. What makes me upset is that I saw her post on a local forum trying to buy another kitten. I almost want to pm the seller and tell them not to give it to her. This person makes me want to scream, when I dedicate everything I have to the proper care of my animals. If you can't take responsibility for it, don't get it!! People should have to get a license to get a pet, end of freaking story.
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #2 
pittipuppylove

That's disgusting... Can you contact the local animal care and control to report a cruelty case? You wouldn't even have to give them your name if you didn't want to - just pass on the information you have and let them look into it. From the sounds of it, they'll have no issues finding something to go off of.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #3 
Artemis

Yes SPCAs are anonymous and it sounds like the animals would be in better care.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #4 
Sakura8

That sounds like a clear case of animal neglect, if she only occasionally feeds the animals. I would indeed try to contact animal control. While being put in a shelter is no great solution, at least they would get food.

I wish people would stop seeing animals as expendable. :(

Also, I hope this woman never has children. If she can't be bothered to properly care for a pet, she won't be any great shakes as a mother.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #5 
keo071987

That's terrible, before i took in shuji (a uromastyx lizard) he was fed a diet of ice burg lettuce and bird seeds, he was very thin. She even left on her honey moon and her kids forgot to feed him for two weeks, two weeks with no food what in the world is wrong with these people!?
keo071987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #6 
isochronism

Sorry to say it, but sometimes someone just has to step in and do the right thing.

Last edited by isochronism; 05-05-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add 1 missed letter
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote