Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #1 
justmel

Unhappy Possibly rehoming some of my pet quality betta boys

I don't really want to do this, but my pets are getting out of hand. I want to get into breeding them more seriously and with 18 male bettas, only one of them really being decent enough quality to breed it's time I start thinking about re-homing some of them.

I am moving this weekend, so it would be at least two weeks before I would be able to ship them anywhere, but if you live close we might be able to arrange a pick up somewhere before that time. I'll post pictures of those I have looking for new homes. If you are interested post here or PM me. I will try and get more and better pictures, but with the busy week I have ahead of me I'm not sure when.

1. First we have Helios (it's not going to bother me if you rename any of these if you adopt them.) Helios does not look great in this picture. He was my first rescue betta picked up on April 13th half starved and his caudal tore up. I brought him home, put him in clean warm water, & feed him and that was it. He's a very engergict little guy and as friendly as you could want. When he sees me walk into the room he starts dancing for my attention. I bought him labeld as a super delta, but since his caudal is not fully repaired I can't say if he is a delta or something else altogether.
  2. The second picture is Pan, originally Pandora. My LPS doesn't seem to know a betta from a snail and I found Pan in one of their tanks being sold as a female betta. I brought him home and he lived peacefully in my sorority for a couple weeks before I caught on that she was a he and took him out. He's very docile and would only flare and chase the females bettas if they kept bugging him. Once he chased them out of his territory he'd go back to chilling in his little corner of the tank. I wouldn't advise putting him with a sorority, but it shows how gentle he is. He now rooms with 5 guppys and is fine with them too. He's also been kept with cory cats and snails with no problems. I can't say he IS a king betta, but opinions from people on here and personal comparison I believe he is what Petco labels as a king betta.
  3. Next we have Mr. Fish. This is my baby and really hard to say goodbye to, but I can't have 40 pet fish that need to be housed separately and try and breed seriously. I've had Mr. Fish a few months, and he is my first betta. My family (mom) always had a betta while I was growing up and my mom made sure my daughter always had one when she was younger, but he's my first. He started my bug strong when you think that I've gone from 1 betta (Mr. Fish) to 26 adult bettas and 20 some fry since the beginning of the year. I feel really disloyal offering Mr. Fish up for adoption since he started all this, but sometimes we have to do things we really don't want to in life.
  4. Finally we have Thor. Thor is a HM and I think perfect, but not really breed quality. He may have a local home with one of my daughter friends, but in case her mom says she can't have him I thought I would offer him here as well.
Attached Images

justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 
xShainax

Pan is gorgeous. I love wild color betta's *Curses my lack of space*
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #3 
justmel

Some more pictures of Pan
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #4 
CarmanDirda

How much are you asking for these guys? I love Pan :)
CarmanDirda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I just want to say I love Pan too, he is so big, look at the body on that guy WOW. Best of luck in finding good homes for all of them, they are all beautiful Bettas !

Last edited by Perseusmom; 06-08-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #6 
Kalari32

How much is shipping, for Pandora?
Kalari32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #7 
justmel

I need to get some new pictures up of the boys I have now that can be adopted out.

Update on the ones here:

Yellow SDeT, Helios - My daughter has begged me to keep him & is rehoming some of her own pet bettas, so he will be staying with the family.

Wild type PK, Pan - I moved about a month and a half ago, just 15 minutes down the road, but Pan did not handle it well. We've been fighting one thing after another and although he is finally starting to look better I don't think he would handle the stress of being shipped at all. If you happen to live within (or willing to meet me within) 2 hrs of Hampton, VA he can still be a drop off/pick up, but I don't want to chance shipping him. Sorry to everyone that has shown an interest in him.

red & white VT, Mr. Fish - My sweet boy has a home pending with a wonderful forum member who understand how attached I am to my first betta here.

Multi-color HM, Thor - Thor was able to find a local home with one of my daughters friends.