Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none, soft plants

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? different, varies
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times a day a few pellets as in 6

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? every week 50/50 then new month new tank water
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50 or 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? betta water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms? last month, tried epsom salt
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? epsom salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? no
How old is your fish (approximately)? a year

O.k here is what has been happening. I know this is going to be long just hang in there! So about a month a ago or 2/3 weeks he started hanging by the bottom of the tank so i thought, maybe i should feed him, i would but the end of a CLEAN paintbrush never used in his tank to get his attention and feed him bloodworms. I was told that's not a real meal so i got him different pellets. Right? He hasn't eaten for a long time. But when he was in his hospital tank he had string poop, thin, kinda clear but able to see. Right now is i hit the table like as in putting a phone down he flips around hitting stuff then going back down to the bottom of the tank. When i had him in a very warm temp. he was very well. But this heater isn't the best, like at all which i'm getting a new one, very very soon. He has rips in his tail and holes but i wouldn't say it's from his plants, they are very very dull. On top of his head it's lighter but not missing scales or anything, maybe loosing color? He is a bright red fish. His eyes are HUGE and foggy like. I don't know what this is called. Or how to figure this out, i don't want to "put him down" if it is a simple fix, maybe i have to spend money but hey, he's my baby!! Please someone help my best friend.
It's a lot of pictures but, i need answers.
Attached Images

FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #2 
jesssan2442

the poop might be a sign of a parasite... lower the water line to about 6in... I don't know what the best medicine for a parasite is but you should ask around the forum...

I'm sorry about you little guy! I hope he makes it!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

Read up on popeye and see if that sounds familiar a side view of the fish would be good.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #4 
FishyFloorzack

I think he has popeye and parasites, but i'm treating him for parasites right now..
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #5 
HeroicPoison

Poor guy is having a hard run!
Ok yes he does have pop eye and most likely an internal parasite

Here is info (copy and pasted)
Betta Fish Disease and Treatment Part 2
Popeye
•Symptoms: One or both eyes will swell and bulge out. It in itself can also be a symptom of Dropsy.
•Treatment: Usually not fatal if treated, but your betta might lose an eye. Conservative: If the swelling is extreme then use ES first. Perform 100% daily water changes. You may be able to treat the popeye with just Epsom and clean water. However, if the swelling goes down but the eyes remain cloudy/white, then switch to Aq.Salt at 1tsp/gal or use medications. Do not combine Aq.Salt with medications but you can continue to use ES during medical treatments. Medication: If ES or Aq.Salt do not do the trick or it is a serious case of popeye, then combine the ES with API Tetracycline, API Fungus Cure, API General Cure, API Triple Sulfa, OR Mardel’s Maracyn.

Ok so with the internal parasite as well... hmmm I know the general cure helps that... not sure what others do a bit of digging but get on it like yesterday.
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #6 
jadaBlu

This one should be easily found locally it's supposed to treat internal and external parsites the ingredients are similar to to general cure but it has an anitbacterial which should be good:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...9&pcatid=23589

Tetracycline sold at petsmart is supposed to help popeye I was advised not to use marycyn other than as a last resort on my fish in case the kidneys were compromised by a mod so with popeye especially it seems unwise. I am not sure you can use them together though.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #7 
FishyFloorzack

he has died. thank you everyone though.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #8 
jadaBlu

I am very sorry for your loss.