Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #11 
kanastigu

Im on well water, and occasionaly it gets some bactria. So they treat it with chlorine. I now water changes. Started treatment for the eye a few days ago. Looking alot better.
kanastigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #12 
kanastigu

Yes a pleco. He is happy in his new home.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #13 
Kithy

Do you know what kind of pleco it is? Some plecos get super huge and need really, really big tanks.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #14 
kanastigu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Do you know what kind of pleco it is? Some plecos get super huge and need really, really big tanks.
That kind. He is pretty big. He lives in a 20 gal tank now.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #15 
Kithy

Well if he's a common you'll want to think of rehoming or a bigger tank :X They get absolutely enormous to the point of I dun wanna stick my finger in a tank with one.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #16 
kanastigu

He will be fine for now. Ty
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #17 
ANHEL123

I am glad he doing better are you using medications or salt?
Also all well water is different and some can contain heavy metals. Aging the water can remove chlorine and stabilize the Ph but the only way to get rid of any heavy metals is a water conditioner. I am really recommending to use Prime by Seachem. It really good water conditioner and also provides slime coat for the fish.
Also i would also recommend do not share changing equipment between your other fish and betta. I know i am too too paranoid. But i have experience from reading many posts where all other fish is doing good but only bettas get sick. So keep him separate .
I also would really recommend New Life Spectrum or Omega One buffet pellets. They are really good and i didn't see any betta refusing them:)
Let us know how he doing:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #18 
kanastigu

Blu hasnt gotten better. Now he is starting to pine cone. I isolated him the other day and have been chancging the water everyday rill i can get some medicine for him. He has been doing better since i isolated him. Been adding epsom salt each night, and changing the water each morning. He isnt getting worse. Ans he is more active now. Although he isnt liking he temporary home.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

How much Epsom salt you been using? Sorry Blue is your betta am i right ? I know you have other fish so i want to make sure it betta because not every fish tolerant to the salt. While you don't have any medications i would really add 3tsp/gall of the Epsom . Do not afraid to stress him with Epsom it very mild and not going to harm him or stress him out. So add 3tsp/gall and do daily water changes (100%).
Pineconing is a symptoms which can be due to many reasons. One of the reason is internal parasites. Is he bloated? Did you see his poop? Is it normal color or it white,clear, broken white stringy ,wormy shape?
Do you have an idea which medications you need to look for ?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #20 
kanastigu

Little bloating. Has gone down. Pinconing has gone Down as well. He is seperated. And yes his name is blu. But it isnt a gallon tank. More like A very large mug. I dont have anything else that Would work. I add a tps at night. And change the water in the morn. Ive been trying To keep the water A bit warmer. So he is near a lamp. He hasnt realy been eating much. But he is nibbbling. He has been perking up, then goes back Down. But he is Startting to look better. The swelling of his eyes have gone down considerably.