Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #21 
kanastigu

Note. I am hating this new os systems typing .... i normaly type and spell better than This. And the Caps thing is just Wierd......
kanastigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #22 
hopeful fish

Why did you move him from the 1 gallon bowl? Does he have any other tankmates in there?
hopeful fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #23 
kanastigu

It a 2 gal. That was a misstype. And yes he has tank mates. 3 sunset platties.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #24 
kanastigu

It is easier to clean the smaller mug, than the tank.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #25 
hopeful fish

Platys should really be in at least a 5 gallon tank. Have you considered moving them to a five gallon, letting the betta get better in the two gallon, and then moving him back in with the platys in the 5 gallon? You are pretty overstocked in the two gallon, and the sick betta shows bad water quality. If you get a bigger tank, it will be easier to maintain once he gets better :)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #26 
kanastigu

Ill keep that in mind. There isnt space or money for another tank. They get along in the tank. This started begining of last month i think. We had some bad water. Started before the platys. The water was bad enough we had to buy jugs to drink. Didnt know it was bad when i did the water change.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #27 
hopeful fish

If you plan on keeping that many fish in a 2 gallon, then, you will need to do very frequent water changes (several times a week). The ammonia in the tank will build up very fast if you do not.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

Yes i agree with hopeful fish . I can't really imagine 2 gall with 3 fish . Just make sure when you have a chance to buy a bigger tank. Yes you need a lot of water changes. For 3 fish in 2 gall it probably full water changes every like 2 days.
So now Blu in the large mug. I would really recommend to go buy a one gall of the spring water . Or you can even buy half of the gall of the spring water. Pre mix Epsom salt there for the right dosage. If it one gall pre mix 3tsp and shake it well make sure it dissolved and don't have salt crystals. If it half of the gall pre mix 1.5 tsp of Epsom. I would really recommend to do that so you can add right amount of the salt.
Do daily full water changes. Make sure you acclimate him slowly to the water. Do you need instructions on acclimation?
You can use Epsom salt for long time. Give us update so we can see how he doing and if you need medications.
And my best advice if you have a chance somehow to keep him separate. Even if you can afford to buy a one gall tank. What is the temperature in your room that you have him. I am assuming it warm since it summer now. So you can go away without a heater. Do not keep the lamp for long time because it will stress him out.
What is the room temperature?
Your water source is bad. Make sure you put enough of the water conditioner.
If you would live in philadelphia i would give you extra tank
ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #29 
kanastigu

I understand i need to buy a bigger tank. But my cpu on my car is going out. I have just enough to fix it. The pre mixed salt spring water treatment is a good idea. I can remove some of the fish, he wasnt very active by hiself, he has perked u with the others. My house is cold, ive been trying To keep The water warmer, but it is hard when i am not home for most of The day. I thank you all For your help, i will let you know how he is doing. He has been perking back up since i moved him To The Mug.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #30 
ANHEL123

Good luck , keep us updated.
ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote