Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #31 
kanastigu

Update. Swimming better. Swealling of eyes is down, almost gone. He has lost 95% of his color. Was vibrant blue. Now is pale blue almost white. Has his up and down moments. Glad and suprised he has made it this long. Was losing hope there for a bit. Put him back in the tank. He seems happy. Gets cranky at the 2 orange fish, had 3 but one was suicidal. Kept lodging himself in the rocks, and died. As lond as they leave him alone, he is fine. So ya.
kanastigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #32 
ANHEL123

wow it been a month. I love updated like that!!! You doing such a good job!!! Try to feed him with frozen food. People saying it has a lot of protein in it and very good for the immune system. One of my betta that i have already a little bit longer than 2 years ,and i decided to feed all my bettas with frozen blood warms. I never did it before since i have bettas, about 7 years. But back to that particular betta, he never was sick always acting healthy and eating good,but somehow look like sick. His fins looked like they clumped. But since i feed him with frozen blood worms i really think he grew bigger and his tail not clumped any more . I do it once a week though,because it pain for me . You need to keep it in the freezer ,and just take a little piece of it , thaw and feed. It also pretty messy so i do it when i do full water change. You just try to give him one blood warm at the time so it don't sink to the bottom and stay there, and contaminate the tank. I am using a tweezers to feed them. But i would really recommend it, unless you already doing it. I want also try frozen daphnia, i didn't try it yet.

Also not sure if you doing it, make sure you rinse/swish the filter media in the tank water weekly with every water change.
And also i don't remember if i gave you the link from Oldfishlady , i am going to post it for you. I just like her recommendations:)

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #33 
kanastigu

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #34 
ANHEL123

Give us update :)
Old 07-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #35 
kanastigu

Well, unfortunently, blu has passed. He was doing well till last night. He went downhill from there and passed this afternoon he will be missed but remembered. I made a clay fishie of him. Rip blu.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #36 
ANHEL123

Oh i am so sorry i was so happy to see your update:( You did everything you could,without you he will not enjoy the life at all.
I know it too early to ask but , are you thinking to rescue another betta? I don't know if it sound not right but i really thinking that bettas are really more susceptible to the disease then other fishy due to many factors. So may be you can keep next betta in his own tank.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #37 
kanastigu

Ya. Im going to get another one. But not from walmart anymore. My last 2 were from walmart. They dont last long. But it has to wait till next month.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #38 
ANHEL123

Sorry about blu :(I would like to see your new baby.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #39 
kanastigu

Can do