Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #1 
nicole4255

[b] is something wrong with my betta [/b]

i got this betta a few days ago, and there is just something different about him, ive had numorous bettas over the years and have never had this... he always lays on the bottom, but i dont think he is sick because he does swim around alot and when i feed him he swims up for food and eats it all, hes been like this since i got him 4 days ago... it seems as if hes just "relaxing" could this just be a cute little quirk about him? or something wrong? picture included
Attached Images

nicole4255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #2 
cheylillymama

Is the water the right temperature? My new betta did that the first 2 days until I realized the heater was set too low.
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #3 
nicole4255

The temp is at 78 degrees
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #4 
cheylillymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole4255 View Post
The temp is at 78 degrees
Im not sure then :/
I don't have much experience, hopefully someone will have an answer for you! He's very pretty by the way, and I love how he stands out against the blue and yellow rocks!
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #5 
rmarkham

What are your water parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate?

He's very pretty!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #6 
sainthogan

My male does that, he rests on the bottom in various places, in his fake plant, also on top of his live Lilly leaves, laying on his side. He's resting almost ALL the time (when he's not building bubble nests, which apparently he does at night in the dark because I'll go to bed and in the morning - bam!! a huge nest), but as soon as he sees activity nearby, he's up and swimming around and dancing for food.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #7 
nicole4255

That describes mine ! Except for the nests ! He hasn't built one yet ! I don't think he is sick because he gets excited for food
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #8 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole4255 View Post
That describes mine ! Except for the nests ! He hasn't built one yet ! I don't think he is sick because he gets excited for food
Honestly though, he only builds his nests when there's a storm coming, and when I turn his light off at night there's no nest, when I turn it back on, there's a nest. The size of the nest directly correlates to the size of the storm system moving through (not how much snow or rain we'll get out of it). It's very odd.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #9 
aquagreen

That doesn't really look like healthy behavior to me...but I don't know exactly. I would say to keep looking into it. Wish I could offer help, sorry. :(

My last betta died within days without showing a single sign of illness...or at least nothing I was experienced enough to catch before it was too late.
aquagreen is offline   Reply With Quote