betta fish

Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #11 
jasperandecho

Sorry I forgot to post it here it is
Attached Images

jasperandecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #12 
osromatra

Can we get a side pic, so we can see how raised it is or how is looks around the edges?
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #13 
jasperandecho

Okay this is the best side view with flash that I could get! You can only see it with flash!
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #14 
jasperandecho

She flipped out and scratche her tail up on gravel after I put he rid ick in so I took out the gravel and put in an Indian almond leaf as well as a few frozen bloodworms and she regrew it in a day!!! So I have been treating her for three days then stopping one day and repeating but she doesn't and has never looked of acted ill besides that so I'm wondering if its her coloring? She's going back to her divided tank with my male betta but I don't want him to get it too. What should I do?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sorry I never commented back! I don't think it's any form of Ich, but more something Fungal in nature. Which I believe Rid-Ich is supposed to help?

I doubt that is her natural coloring just because those bumps looked raised like a cyst, not like scales at all. Unless you are seeing something different in real life?

I wouldn't put her back in the tank because it's most likely going to spread to your boy if they share water. Keep her in the QT, hopefully someone else can comment since I'm not entirely sure if it is Parasitic in nature or Bacterial.

Either way you might want to try doing an Aquarium Salt bath for a few days. API makes some and so does Jungle. Use 2 teaspoons of Aquarium salt per gallon, dissolve it before you put it in her new water and acclimate her for at least half hour to the new temp and to the new salt-ish water. Do 100% change on her water everyday for at least 5-7 days to see if it starts to clear up or effect it in any way. Add in the same amount of salt that you took out, so if you took out 100%, put back in 100% (3.5 teaspoons for your 1.75)

Although, if this is a true fungus, which doesn't occur very often, then I'm at a loss and not even sure if the AQ salt can help her :/
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote