Sorry I logged out, was tired and went to bed. Thank you very much for the advice. I will do 100% water change today and only put in Fungus Clear Fizz Tabs, Betta Plus (tap water conditioner) and see how it goes. Part of his lip looks damaged (like rotted) he doesn't even attempt to try to get his food. I use the Betta Pellets. I will try to get better close up pics of him today. Again Thank you.
Do not add the carbon back until AFTER the treatment is finished.
The carbon will remove the medication. So don't put it back until the medications are done.
This was what I posted in your other (identical) thread yesterday:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets
1) Do you know the water temp?
2) Always use the appropriate amount of StartZyme for the NEW water when doing water changes. Tap water contains chlorine and other disinfectants. Water conditioner neutralizes/removes these.
For example, say the bottle says to add 10 mL per every 10 gal of water. If you are adding 1 gal of water to the tank, you would add 1 mL of StartZyme to the new water. (1 mL is about 20 drops.)
3) Tap water is better than distilled water. Tap water contains electrolytes that are needed for your betta's health (and for our health, too).
4) There is a lot of controversy about Melafix (and other -fix meds). They contains oils, which may coat the betta's labryinth (breathing organ) and make it difficult for them to breathe. Until more info is know, I would try to avoid them. Also, since he's been on it for 2 weeks, I would say it doesn't seem to be doing much at this point.
5) Does he still have white "dots?" If not, I would stop the Ich meds since he's been on it for 2 weeks.
6) Do the Jungle Fungus Clear Fizz tabs contain nitrofurazone, furazolidone and potassium dichromate?
If so, this is effective for many bacterial infections that affect fish. I would keep using this. If you have a filter though, remove the carbon from it. The carbon neutralizes the medicine.
7) What type of pellets are you feeding him?
The two most often recommended pellets on this forum are New Life Spectrum (NLS) Betta pellets and Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. They contain quality proteins, and bettas tend to like them.
Another way to entice them to eat is to soak the pellet in garlic.
8) Is he having problems with his buoyancy? (Or does he just like being near the surface?) If he's having trouble swimming, you can lower the water level so that he can reach the surface more easily.
9) It sounds like his eyes and lips aren't as swollen now. That's good! Does he look bloated at all? If so, let us know, as he might benefit from having a small amount of Epsom salt added. (Let us know though, and we can tell you how to use this.)
1. Water temp is between 74-78
2. Betta Pellets
3. I posted a pic of his face, I think the Ick is gone now, and the white may be his color on his face.
4. no trouble with buoyancy. He just stays at the top. He was staying in the corner top of the tank, but last night he started staying in the front of the tank at the top.
5. No bloating.
He still wont eat. Do you think his lips look alright? Should I change his water again today?