Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #1 
Syriiven

<3 SkyeWillow's Fillies

I almost lost the whole project...not due to lack of saving (I'm actually pretty good at that). Damn file broke. But here it is! Now the story;

These are Skye's 'fillies'. I stumbled upon the upper lady (Stargazer, aka Spoonmelon) on AquaBid. CLEARLY there was something wrong with this fish (remember, I draw the actual fish, so ye,s her head looks like that!!) and I linked it to Skye. Together we came up with a way to get her, and then her sister, off of AB and into a good home (Rebecca's :) ) And we won! They're both living happilly, however long their lives will be.

But to any breeders who see this - shame on you! Making a buck off of big-hearted people! If you see a fish that may be seriously malformed, please save it the misery of what could be a difficult life! Cull responsibly!

Just the same, Skye and I are happy to have them home. ♥ Here's to Stargazer (top) and Stardust (bottom) May you swim happily to the end of your days.

Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I have to agree on the culling. Yes, our hearts ache and burn for the boohoey that is the deformities and saddened lives of just about anything... But people have to understand... What if THAT fish became someone else's breeder? That breeds more deformed fish! That is how a domino affect takes place. Breed responsibly. When I get back into breeding, I won't be easily swayed by "aww he is deformed you should let him grow up and have a happy life". Because people have proved when someone says PET ONLY they don't care, and will do with the fish as they please.

Great pictures btw :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #3 
Syriiven

Thanks Sena =)

Yea, when she talked to Linda about them, Linda even said she was shocked to find them on AB.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #4 
Skyewillow

A couple of other members said I should breed them, but Stardust's spine is really crooked. I can't see Stargazer's as well to know if hers is straight.

I fell in love with their unusual appearances, and even more with their personalities. I'm so glad we got them!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #5 
Auburn Sakura

Oh, my the poor things. D:) I'm at least glad they have a good home now. (:D That's just terrible. DX That's a very nice picture by the way. (:)
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #6 
Syriiven

Thank you very much ^^

Yea, I wouldnt breed these girls, there's no telling what other deformities the breeder DID cull that might be hereditary and they could pass down =O It's rather scary to think about.

But they're definitely home safe and spoiled rotten now x3
Old 05-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Well if their spines were like that.. Imagine what some of the others were!! That really is scary.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #8 
Syriiven

Fish dont always show sign of pin the way people do, I mean I've seen fish with torn bellys and stuff hanging out continue swimming on like it's nothing. I sometimes wonder if Stargazer has a constant headache or something from her skull compressing her brain into her organs =(
Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Remember some of the fish I got for free? One who had a huge hole where her dorsal was supposed to be?? She acted like she was fine.

Fiona, my mustard gas veiltail also acted like she was fine wih a HUGE gash almost going through to the bone..... She did that to herself.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #10 
Syriiven

O.O How on earth did she manage that?