Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #1 
serenebeauty

Red face new female(:

This is Tsunade, I saved her from walmart yesterday and she is my first female. The conditions she was living in was horrid, although she is pretty for a female, they figured she wasn't going to sell so they didn't keep her water clean or anything and she was towards the back. Im glad that all the other bettas bowl were clean, but they shouldntve just taken care of the fish they thought would sell. I am still somewhat new to the world of Betta and this is my second betta ive gotten this year. I also have a male black devil crowntail (also found in walmart) who is absolutely beautiful now. So if you wouldn't mind, try to classify her for me? And I don't plan on breeding her, but would she be a good female for breeding? im trying to find out the characteristics to look for, and what to avoid. Here are some pictures.(:

This is when I first rescued her. The cashier tried to argue with me that she was not a female, then I pointed out the fin difference between male and female and how she was visibly smaller than all the males.

serenebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #2 
Fenghuang

Fin type is not really a clear cut way to tell gender; however, she does look like a veiltail female. Her colour could be Cambodian... Pale body with red fins, right?
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #3 
serenebeauty

yeah, she also has a blueish purple tint to her fins
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #4 
Fenghuang

Yeah, I can see that from the pictures.

What kind of container are you keeping her in? Is it heated?
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #5 
serenebeauty

ive got her in a 2 gallon tank, until I can get a larger one. and yes it is.

Tags
new betta, rescue betta