Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #21 
scoobie

he's still just floating around. does this mean he's getting better? I did a 100% water change yesterday. Do I need to do a 25 or 50% today?
scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #22 
scoobie

No soap that I'm aware of.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #23 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I don't think you need to do that many unless the meds you are using call for it. So what stuff are you using now for him?

And floating probably doesn't mean he's getting better, if he were swimming around then I would say so. I mean, some Betta's are lazy and just sit around all day but given his history I think he's just on the slow path to a recovery :)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #24 
scoobie

he is on the Fungus Clear Fizz tablets. When I changed his water yesterday I added the fizz tablet and 2 drops of Ick drops. Should I add the Aquarium Salt? He swims very little. But today he started making bubbles.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #25 
scoobie

Please help me. Now he has 2 white bumps on top of his head they look like sores.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, I'm going to need some pictures for that.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

lilnaugrim i was thinking to recommend aqaurium salt?
Also I read one of the Sakura thread where she wrote that if you combine Furan-2 and Kanaplex it makes extremely powerful drug combination for the gram positive and gram negative bacteria. Not sure if those drug can be found in the stores right away though. Or if any of those two may be can be founded easily?
How about Triple sulfa also anti bacterial medication that control a wide range of pathogenic bacterial infection?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I was waiting until he got some more pictures up or answered some of my previous questions.

But yes, you are correct of the Furan-2 and Kanaplex. However I'm not experienced in most meds beyond the basics at the moment so I can't comment too in depth.

But I don't think we ever actually determined what was wrong with him in the first place? Unless I'm missing something when I reread everything to refresh my mind.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Yes but he was treated with fungus medication and ick medication. His eye also was swollen and got better, he is not bloated, his scales not raised . So he has some kind of bacteria infection going on. Also want to find out about those 2 white bumps. If it not ick which i hope it not since it bumps and how i understand he is not darting, rubbing against anything we can rule out ick. So it some kind of bacteria which Furan, kanaplex would help. And i was reading a lot of post from Sakura and find out that you even can mix those together and make more powerful drug combinatiion. But the only thing i am not sure if you can easily find them right away in the store though.
Also if scoobie finished with last dose of fungal medication and he is not better i think it good idea to start him on aquarium salt until we can figure out what is next step or scoobie can find those medications.
Also if scoobie can't find those med's Maracyn 1 &2 in combo for gram positive and gram negative bacteria. But Maracyn's don't work in high ph.
Triple sulfa also anti-bacterial medication that controls a wide range of pathogenic bacterial infection.
There is a few thread started by scoobie. This is another one
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=168586
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #30 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sure sure, yeah I think the Furan-2 and Kanaplex is a good way to go. I know Furan-2 usually readily available in my Petsmart, but there are probably different stores down in Kentucky.

And thanks for showing the other thread, I was not aware there was another one started. It looks like you've already got him going on the right track there.

I'm no good when it comes down to triple sulfa and any of the gram positive/negative things, I need to do more reading about those before I feel comfortable suggesting them.