Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #1 
Adnamac

New tank buddies!

So seeing algae liking my tanks, and seeing many posts on mystery snails and how good they are at keeping it at bay...I thought it may be time to try some.

So, went to my Petsmart who got a new fish shipment in just an hour or so prior, complete with some gold mystery snails. Leroy and Wrynn both have new tank buddies, one each. Both boys were very curious about the newcomer.

Bit dark, but Wrynn is a bit puzzled, staring down his snail who has been named Illy.

...and then Wrynn turns my way as if to ask 'Seriously? What is this doing here?'

Leroy on the other hand...gave his snail, Mal, a sort of fish version of a puppy-dog head cock. Mal was tucked up against the glass and Leroy kind of circled him one way, then the other...then back again. Very reminiscent of a puppy cocking his head one way to the other.

And then he stared a bit. He bullied the snail a tiny bit, I won't lie, but ultimately swam off to do Leroy things. Like be pretty.

Froggy was interested about the going-ons too!

And that's the story of Illy and Mal's arrival.

(PS....Illy is short for 'Illidan' and Mal for...'Malfurion'. Yay game nerdism! )
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #2 
Anime Fish

Nice captions with the pictures, lol! Your fish have such interesting personalities :D Congrats on the new snail additions :)
Anime Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh my goodness, Leroy is beautiful and stunning! He kind of looks like my boy Mercury but Leroy is much better looking! Haha, and yeah I was wondering about the names, scratching my head as I read it....Illy?? lol and now I get it as I read the last part!

Okay, my new fish I'm totally naming after something form WoW, can't stand it lol I always liked Darnassus, lol nickname would be Darn XD Sorry, things I find funny!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #4 
Adnamac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Fish View Post
Your fish have such interesting personalities :D Congrats on the new snail additions :)
They really do. It's amazing how much personality these fish actually have, constantly amazed. Also...thanks! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim
Oh my goodness, Leroy is beautiful and stunning! He kind of looks like my boy Mercury but Leroy is much better looking!.....
Okay, my new fish I'm totally naming after something form WoW, can't stand it lol I always liked Darnassus, lol nickname would be Darn XD Sorry, things I find funny!
Thanks for the compliments on Leroy! I'm sure your Mercury is absolutely gorgeous, too! <3

Le gasp! Going to steal (At least a little bit...) of my naming theme?!

...go ahead! There are more then enough awesome names to pull from that game for all! If you get a female betta, she can be Darna. xD
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #5 
Minnieservis

Leroy is so gorgeous! :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #6 
paris38

Your fish and snails are sooo cute!I've been meaning to get some nerites.
paris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #7 
Adnamac

So, I think Leroy's bullying of Mal has scared the poor little thing for life. Waking up this morning he's still in that same spot in the tank, all closed up.

Afraid that Leroy had somehow one-shot Mal (sort of a BOOM!HEADSHOT! thing) and killed him, I pulled him from Leroy's tank and put him in a small glass jar with an algae wafter to try and draw him out.

The good news is Mal is alive. After an hour or so he started creeping, slowly, out. The bad news is any small movement outside the glass and he closes back up, not to be seen for another hour.

Poor Mal.

In other news...Illy and Wrynn are getting along fine. As a matter of fact, Illy seems to have kick Wrynn out from his favorite hidey-hole. Not sure Wrynn is so pleased on that, he gave me grumpy eyes when I fed him this morning.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #8 
KohakuRiver

Poor Mal! I hope he gets more confidence! I wish him luck!
KohakuRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #9 
Adnamac

Thanks, Kohaku. :) I do, too!