Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

People with body piercings?

I am looking for some advice....I just started wearing my earrings again. I have the cartilage of my left ear pierced and I was wondering if it is possible to stretch a cartilage piercing a little bit. The reason I want to is because most body jewelry is at least a little thicker than "regular" earrigs and I am tired of dealing with regular earrings because of their backings lol.

Thanks!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #2 
Roemgie

Well I have to say I'm glad I'm not the only pierced person on here. Although I have my septum, medusa, both nostrils, and three piercings on my ears :P

It is very possible to stretch cartilage but make sure to go slow. Going from an 18g to a 16g isn't bad and 16 is usually the size for most jewelry. Also never ever EVER get pierced at walmart or claires or places like that. Piercing places are the best and needle is the safest and best way to get a piercing :) if you don't want to buy a gauge you can go to a piercing/tattoo shop and ask them to gauge it up a size for you
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemgie View Post
Well I have to say I'm glad I'm not the only pierced person on here. Although I have my septum, medusa, both nostrils, and three piercings on my ears :P

It is very possible to stretch cartilage but make sure to go slow. Going from an 18g to a 16g isn't bad and 16 is usually the size for most jewelry. Also never ever EVER get pierced at walmart or claires or places like that. Piercing places are the best and needle is the safest and best way to get a piercing :) if you don't want to buy a gauge you can go to a piercing/tattoo shop and ask them to gauge it up a size for you
Thank you :). I don't want to go super thick with the cartilage, a 16 is about where I want to go. Unfortunately all the piercings in my ears (including the cartilage) were done with a gun but that was years ago and I know better now.

I used to have my lip pierced and I'm thinking about getting it again ;)

Also been toying with the idea of a genital piercing.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #4 
djembekah

Definitely get a taper that's 3ish inches long to stretch cartilage. i stretched my nostril to 16g so i could deal with scarring. long tapers are definitely the way to do it. and take your time!!!! Take all day to put the taper through if you need to.

I'm dying for more piercings too. love them.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

So do it with a taper? I think my current earring is about 20g so I guess taper to 18? Do they make tapers that small?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #6 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
So do it with a taper? I think my current earring is about 20g so I guess taper to 18? Do they make tapers that small?
Yeah a stainless steel taper NEVER acrylic, they say its ok but it absorbs your ear stuff and so it doesn't allow your piercing to heal and always wear stainless steel jewelry until its completely healed.

And with that size the best thing is to go to a local piercer and ask to maybe go up to a 16 gauge. That's what I would do, because the stretching at that size is very small in between but as you get bigger so do the sizes variation between each
Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #7 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thank you :). I don't want to go super thick with the cartilage, a 16 is about where I want to go. Unfortunately all the piercings in my ears (including the cartilage) were done with a gun but that was years ago and I know better now.

I used to have my lip pierced and I'm thinking about getting it again ;)

Also been toying with the idea of a genital piercing.
Yeah I have seen and heard horror stories with guns! But yeah with that size you don't need to waste the money on buying a taper.

Which one? I LOVE my medusa and to be honest I hate lip piercings (on me of course)

I have to admit I have been too but there's lots of risks and I feel like I should feel a little more comfortable with myself before I get into getting one lol
Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #8 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roemgie View Post
Yeah I have seen and heard horror stories with guns! But yeah with that size you don't need to waste the money on buying a taper.

Which one? I LOVE my medusa and to be honest I hate lip piercings (on me of course)

I have to admit I have been too but there's lots of risks and I feel like I should feel a little more comfortable with myself before I get into getting one lol
Haha yeah luckily all my gun piercings turned out okay so I guess lucky me lol. So will a piercing parlor stretch it for me or will they have to punch a new hole? Because I really dont want to deal with cartilage healing again...

I just had my bottom lip pierced to the left side. I like the way it looks on ke and they heal pretty fast :)

Lol yeah idk about really doing it but i thought it might be kinda cool :)
Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #9 
bniebetta

So interesting to see who on the forum has piercings... I am one of those people haha
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #10 
djembekah

Yes use a 3 inch steel or titanium taper. Check out bodyartforms.com, i order a ton of my jewelry through them. industrial steel, anatometal, and neometal are all great brands; most economy tapers are going to be too short.

i had two gunned helix piercings that did not work out. I'm dying to repierce. i also had a needled forward helix that didn't work out because i messed with it too soon. i have happy stretched primary lobes, seconds, my nostril, and my left conch which i want to stretch or have punched.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by djembekah; 05-04-2013 at 02:13 AM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote