Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #11 
iamntbatman

Compared to a place like Indonesia (which is much closer to large scale betta breeding operations), the quality of bettas sold in regular pet stores here in the U.S. is likely to be not as good. If you're looking for the more interesting varieties, definitely scope out aquabid or get in touch with a local aquarium society. There are plenty of betta breeders here in the U.S. breeding excellent show-quality fish, it's just they aren't doing it in any sort of large-scale manner and aren't selling their fish in pet shops. Unfortunately, the really nice bettas are also very expensive here.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 AM   #12 
d-gage

hmm.. do you have any, website or address of breeder that live in California, Redlands in Particular? so, i can start my betta seeking? Thanks in advance. :D
d-gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #13 
nav2008

thats the problem, i found some very nice ones on aquabid but i dont want to spend like 60 bucks on the fish and shipping for a first breeding
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #14 
nav2008

***** just a heads up to everyone that read this post/is reading it... i ended up getting a "rescue" found a lovley cambodianish butterfly crowntail male with ammonia poisoning and filthy water at petsmart. Hes doing much better right now but not 100% yet. *****

no i dont live in california so i dont sorry.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #15 
d-gage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav2008
***** just a heads up to everyone that read this post/is reading it... i ended up getting a "rescue" found a lovley cambodianish butterfly crowntail male with ammonia poisoning and filthy water at petsmart. Hes doing much better right now but not 100% yet. *****

no i dont live in california so i dont sorry.
yeah, i think so..
many betta in sorry condition in that kind of store :(
maybe other can help me?
d-gage is offline   Reply With Quote