Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #1 
MeganJHTx

Help!! I don't know what's wrong with Hermin!!!!

I bought a betta fish (named him Hermin) from PetsMart about 6 months ago...he had been doing great except for the last month to month & 1/2. When I first bought him he was a really pretty deep blue...but now he seems to be turning red. He is about a one gallon tank right now, I make sure to change the water once a week and put the BettaSafe water treatment in every time also. I feed him 3-4 Betta pellets 2 a day. I don't know if I should be worried about him or if I'm over feeding him or if I need to change him to a better tank (maybe one with a light or filter or something) or if he's just getting old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!!
MeganJHTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #2 
Meatpuppet

alot of peoples bettas change color just out of no where. it could be to exitment or it can be stress.
try to change maybe 50% of his water twice a week so you wont cause him any stress by giving a 100% water change.

if he is swiming, ancting, and eating normal i wouldnt worry about it too much.
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote