Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #11 
serenebeauty

thank you so much! and that im sorry she didn't last, but the only thing we can do is try to save the sick ones. that is repulsive in my opinion. If she would have said that to me, I probably would've gone on a rant right there.. I would love to work at walmart in the pets department.. the bettas would still be in those god forsaken cups, but their water would be cleaned twice a day, and they would actually be fed. no.. scratch that.. id just end up caring for all the other fish and taking all the bettas home for myself :) I hate those cups..
serenebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah it did suck but I was happy knowing she died comfortably though.

And no, I was researching a little more about ammonia burns but it just says to keep the ammonia down, which will happen with water changes of course. So just clean warm water will do it ^^

I hated working at Wal-Mart, the problem is that they are always under staffed and they know that so they stretch what employees they do have, out very thin.

I worked in the toy department but I was also working lawn & garden, sporting goods, home & housewares, hardware, and celebration. I could barely get my own stuff done in Toys and I know our pet guy was always called away either to cashier (because we never had enough of those) or to work in grocery because we didn't have enough of those either.

So long story short, it doesn't matter if you do have someone who actually cares about the fish working there, they will always be off doing something else and that's not their fault at all. But yes, still people who usually work in the fish dept. have no idea what they are doing lol

As much as we all hate those cups, they usually come in in tiny little baggies with just enough water so they won't dry out, so the cups are actually an upgrade if you think about it. The problem comes in when people don't do what they are supposed to do and clean them out. But of course, every store is under staffed because of money, it always comes right down to money which sucks :(

Buuuuut anywho, done with my rant there haha, keep us updated on the girl! I'm sure she'll be fine in no time! :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #13 
serenebeauty

will do (:
Old 05-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #14 
serenebeauty

quick question: I just found a probably 3-3.5 gallon tank that I could use for her, could I put the snail and the snails plant with her? will it better her? and should I do it now or after the ammonia poisoning is gone?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well keeping a bigger tank is actually easier to clean because there is more water in it making it less likely her daily poo will contaminate the water so yes I would put her in there. However I'm not sure about the snail because they also poo a lot, so I would wait until her burns clear up and then think about switching the snail over.

Make sure you acclimate her to the new water of course and if you put her in that you'll only need to two water changes. So you could do one 25-35% change and then a 50% change and she should be great! Plants in general will help as well though because they do keep the levels lower because they actually use Nitrates as food. So maybe if you have enough you could stick a plant in with her? If not, that's fine as well ^^
Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #16 
serenebeauty

Thanks, I got her settled into a bigger tank, and added her artificial plant, as well as a live one. I also put a small pot it there as a hiding place, I will post pictures in a minute
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #17 
serenebeauty

here are some pictures of Tsunames new tank (:

striking a pose ^,^
Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #18 
serenebeauty

It's been almost a week since I brought my little girl home, and she has colored up quite a bit. here are some pictures:

Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #19 
serenebeauty

her gills are still pretty burnt

shes getting a purple tint along with the red.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Cute! Yeah looks like she's just a Multi-color then since it didn't turn red. But she's still adorable no matter what!

So the burns are getting better then you said?