Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #21 
Mar

I love double tails!! Super hard to find here. Only found one and I bought her right away. Can I see a pic of ditto" :3
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sure! I'd love to share :D I actually have three DT's now! I'll show you all of them

Here's Ditto before his tail was shredded (well okay, his iridescence was always there, I just never saw it because he never flared or even spread his fins like this after he was shredded not longer after I got him)

But her certain grew in with a little more blue irid on him. This is about a week after he shredded his tail (I was too embarassed to take photos of him when he was at his worst because I thought it was my fault

And the most recent picture I have of him now with shining fins!

And then my other DT is a girl, Phoenix is her name:

And my most recent is Jarvis! He was missing some scales because my LFS unknowingly had him in with two other male plakats, but even I had difficulty sexing them but they did both turn out to be boys so she gave me a discount on him to save him.

lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #23 
Mar

Your fish are BEAUTIFUL!

I like Ditto very much.

He is even more beautiful.

And wow, Jarvis was a steal! He's gorgeous .-. Why do you get such pretty fish!!?# ;-;

Our LFSs usually sells veiltails and very plain females. :c
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ditto and Jarvis were actually from the same place! Both were only 4 bucks, first time because they were closing up shop for a few months because of financial issues and the second time because I had helped them out and stuff. Both were definitely steals! She had some other nice Betta's but they were all CT's, not that I don't like CT's it's just that DT's are much less common around here lol

It's funny because I look around and then I'm like "Why can't I have pretty fish like you guys?!!?" but I still love all of my boys and girls, each have their own fun little stories!

But yeah we do have lots of plain VT's around here, I wish someone would start working with some odd colored VT's like Chocolates, Mustards and Marbles. I would totally have a VT then! It's just that ours are all so tattered looking and sad. And we do have plenty of boring females, it took me a while to find all those girls that I liked! And i wasn't sure about Phoenix, if she was actually a DT or just a large split in her fin. But I'm pretty sure she's a DT now since her fins grew out a little bit more.

How's Moon doing?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #25 
Mar

Yep all the VTs are super plain.

Lol, funny thinggg.
Renamed him to Dusk. Really think that fitted him more.
He's always the most active at dusk which is crazy, but maybe
it's cause I'm in the room lmao.

He's doing perfectly. I saw a spot of ick, but that's normal right? Have to wait 2 weeks, and my 2 weeks ends tomorrow... Kinda uncertain though. If I saw the ick yesterday, should I still keep the heat up? Right now it's at 88F
Old 05-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Yep all the VTs are super plain.

Lol, funny thinggg.
Renamed him to Dusk. Really think that fitted him more.
He's always the most active at dusk which is crazy, but maybe
it's cause I'm in the room lmao.

He's doing perfectly. I saw a spot of ick, but that's normal right? Have to wait 2 weeks, and my 2 weeks ends tomorrow... Kinda uncertain though. If I saw the ick yesterday, should I still keep the heat up? Right now it's at 88F
Oh right sorry, forgot about the name change :) Yeah Dusk fits I think :D

Yeah I'd keep the temp up for a bit longer, I'm sure if you went an extra half week he'd be fine. You could start to lower it gradually after that so you'll have a whole week extra technically if you do that to be certain.

Oh and a funny side note: I found out that one of my other boy's Mercury was a Double tail! I had no idea! I originally thought he was Plakat with some sort of weird Feathertail fins lol. Turns out he's a Copper DT with still unexplained spiky fins haha
Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #27 
Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh right sorry, forgot about the name change :) Yeah Dusk fits I think :D

Yeah I'd keep the temp up for a bit longer, I'm sure if you went an extra half week he'd be fine. You could start to lower it gradually after that so you'll have a whole week extra technically if you do that to be certain.

Oh and a funny side note: I found out that one of my other boy's Mercury was a Double tail! I had no idea! I originally thought he was Plakat with some sort of weird Feathertail fins lol. Turns out he's a Copper DT with still unexplained spiky fins haha
Okay, I'll do that xD
And omg do you have any pics of Mercury? I'd love to see him, sounds handsome!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #28 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah actually here in this thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=185145
I discussed how I didn't even realize he was a DT until a few days ago XD The little stinker hid it on me haha but he's got pictures there and I have one other picture of him in my albums on my User Profile :D